Classic White

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav

I painted a 1979 ford F150 shell today. I just went with classic white ( old school ) I still have to put the finishing touches on. But here's a few pics.image.jpgimage.jpg

Turned out great. My painting skills suck, not even a single color turns out good for me. I like that body by the way. My first truck was an old ford as well.

Turned out great. My painting skills suck, not even a single color turns out good for me. I like that body by the way. My first truck was an old ford as well.
Thanks. I put the decals on last night I'll post some more pics when I get home from work

Here are a few pics all finished. I think the white is a little clean, but it looks tidy.image.jpgimage.jpg I also have a 1973 ford bronco shell to paint ( all trimmed ready to go ) Not sure on the paint yet.

Reactions: X
@Gav the decals and window trim lines really make that body come to life. Just like the original Ford trucks, simple and clean.

I'll admit, I was not sure when you showed just the white paint. But all finished, that looks fantastic. Good job!

Thanks guys. I wish I could do full air brush jobs, but it's only the 5th lid I've ever done. Practice makes perfect. I've done 3 multi colour lids that came out pretty good. Thanks again guys.

ive never done any bodys, but I have done a few model cars an a model airplane with my airbrush. ill post some pics tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing them. I've never air brushed, but am going to get one and give it a try!!!!

I got around to painting my bronco lid today(pics to come) so I thought I'd show you guys some of the other lids I've painted.

I know we all like pics, so here they are!!!image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Preacher. I've really started to enjoy painting lids, just got to get my self a
air brush and practice.

if you get an airbrush, you won't regret it. they get a really nice finish, plus the paint is cheaper. I would go on youtube to get some tips, or post a thread here.

if you get an airbrush, you won't regret it. they get a really nice finish, plus the paint is cheaper. I would go on youtube to get some tips, or post a thread here.
Will do, I've notice there are so many more options with paint for an airbrush.
The LHS around me don't stock much pressure pack options.

Good work!!
All of them look really good!!
I like the metal flake in the Bronco body, I dig the white F-150(really clean look!!), but I really love the color on the newest style F-150(absolutely LOVE the new style Ford pick'emup trucks)!!
Kudos!!

Very nice work everyone. Bodies look great. Anybody that hasn't tried to paint with an airbrush, don't be afraid, it is easier than using a rattle can (just have to clean between coats so it won't dry up on ya.) You can use latex paint and paint in the house with no fumes. One word of advice, wear a mask. They don't cost very much and you only have one set of lungs! Cut clear soda bottles in half long ways and you have two nice pieces to practice on. I found the easiest way to cut them is with a good set of tin snips. They are really thick on the bottom. I actually broke a pair of scissors trying to cut my first one. Spend a little more and get a good two stage brush. That lets you control the flow of both the paint and the air.:D

Latest posts

Members online

Back