Check It Out-1967 GTO Body!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JUDGE

OK, it's not as cool as you might be imagining, but look anyway...

I was rummaging through my basement a little while ago, and found this shell I ran on my Tamiya Hornet 20 years ago, believe it or not. I reamed out some new body mount holes and cut out the rear window, and whaddya know...it fits just fine. The paint has flaked off horribly though-I'm going to figure out how to repaint it somehow. I'm sure this body has been out of production for years, and I own 2 real GTOs, so it's a keeper. Here...
67gto008vi9.jpg

67gto002mb8.jpg

67gto003jd0.jpg

67gto006ja2.jpg

On a related note..Has anyone here actually used brake fluid to remove paint from Lexan? Or will it just ruin the plastic?

Thanks for looking!
-Greg

Great find !! I bet you wanna paint it orange ?
My favorite car is the Gto judge (too bad my dad wrapped it around a telephone pole)

I think break fluid would work .. try a test spot

Great find !! I bet you wanna paint it orange ?
My favorite car is the Gto judge (too bad my dad wrapped it around a telephone pole)

I think break fluid would work .. try a test spot

Funny you should say that...My other GTO just happens to be a '69 Judge. It currently looks worse than the shell you see above. I've had that for over 20 years. SHAME on your dad! j/k

I think I'll find some scrap Lexan tomorrow and play with some DOT 3. I really want to repaint this if possible (not orange, though...gold maybe?) Thanks SJ!

Cool body.I put the Parma 69 not chevelle on my 4.6 with the RD Logics dual exhaust,it looks totally awesome,however, the performance of said pipe leaves much to be desired.Anyhow,Just wanted to sayI admire Youre muscle car monster.

Cool body.I put the Parma 69 not chevelle on my 4.6 with the RD Logics dual exhaust,it looks totally awesome,however, the performance of said pipe leaves much to be desired.Anyhow,Just wanted to sayI admire Youre muscle car monster.

P.S. I painted mine black with chrome bumpersand window mouldings,and orange and red flames. Classic muscle.

nice shell i love the 67 gto,my dream car,i have a 72 pontiac lamas that need some love.What year is your new gto what kind of hp it got

nice shell i love the 67 gto,my dream car,i have a 72 pontiac lamas that need some love.What year is your new gto what kind of hp it got

The new one's launching in my avatar. It's a 2006, and it's almost totally stock save for a K&N, a short shifter, and some computer tuning. I'm sure it's barely over the factory 400 HP rating. Until our business picks up a bit I can only spend money on the little vehicles. :$broke:

let DA sit in the whole shell for a couple hors then wipe the paint away and u can then repaint it

paint thinner fogss lexan so don't use that

Ahhh...that makes perfect sense. That's what I'm going to try first.

Many thanks! :cheers:

-Greg

that car looks cool post more pics when its done.
4x4

Latest posts

Members online

Back