changing fuel question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bone

my local hobby shop doesnt carry Byron's fuel anymore,I have about 3 gallons of 20% 12% oil ran through my lrp zr30 engine and it runs great...all they had was 20% 14% nitro fuel...he said it isnt gonna hurt anything to run a higher oil...do i need to find fuel with the same oil or am i gonna be ok...i have never changed fuel in the middle of running before

2% oil is not alot, I would say you are going to be fine using that, a little more lube never hurts anything.....

You will likely tune a bit more lean than you are now, but otherwise, shouldn't be much of an issue. I use byrons 25% which I think is either 8% or 11% oil. Been a couple years since I bought fuel... don't run nitro that much.

the low end i didnt have to do any adjustments. it idles all day and the throttle response is on the money.this thing will rip wheelies all day through the yard,,but once i hit the pavement it did kinda gargle right before it shifted to second gear so i may need to lean the top end just a bit,i know you don't tune by temp but since I'm going to be leaning it just a bit is there a temp number that i shouldn't go over

I try to stay below 275. Usually, when most of the engines I've run get that hot, they get a lean bog anyway. Well, except for a couple traxxas engines, they ran well at 280.

i have been doin nitro for years and i never really knew what was too hot..on a hot day with byrons fuel this lrp .30 would run about 225 and this thing was ripping...just making sure not to worry if it gets a little hotter then that...who knows ..maybe i will unleash some new found power without hurting the engine...i always ran mine just a little on the fat side just for caution...thanks for your info

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back