center differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derikmills

I have read somewhere on here about a center differential being used. What would be the benefits of this and how does that work? I can't visualize this.

ALZA Racing makes one that I've been looking at it myself and asked them the same question. The answer was;

"Stress on F/R diffs will be much smaller.
With transmission F/R have always same power.
With CD power is transfered to where it's needed"

Thank you JohnnyWalker! That has some logic to it. I'll have to do a bit more research and decide what I'm doing. I appreciate the info.

Alza racings center diff set up seems Alil pricy but, I did it two years ago and never looked back. I haven't blown up a diff since. No more transmission to blow up anymore either. And I beat it like a rented mule! His installation directions were clear and easy to follow. If you can afford it. Do it!

Does it still run like a monster truck though? Wheelies and jumps and pure beatings? Same power and savage qualities? I love my truck. I'm also all about making it better. Just want to make sure I won't be disappointed. Thank you for the reply also!

Does it still run like a monster truck though? Wheelies and jumps and pure beatings? Same power and savage qualities? I love my truck. I'm also all about making it better. Just want to make sure I won't be disappointed. Thank you for the reply also!
Oh yeah I hit 30 and 40 foot jumps regularly. It will still wheelie like a beast, Especially on 6s. Will still do donuts all day in the dirt. I honestly don't think it really changed how it drives. For me it has made it more fun because I don't have to worry about a bad landing blowing up a differential. With traction it will still do a standing backflip. I am a full blown basher

Right on. Thanks for the information! Looks like I might have to save up for it and from the looks maybe a smaller pinion gear and Vorza diff? Gonna be a while. Just dumped several hundred into the truck to get it back up to bashable abilities. Been trying make it more durable. Every battery pack I run something else breaks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back