Cartwheel Carnage!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derikmills

Went out to run my trucks yesterday. Savage 25 was the first one I grabbed..... turns out I lost the wand for the Roto start. So I pulled the t-maxx out because I was really in the mood for some nitro run time and it ran well for about 3/4 of a tank then kept dying on me whenever I let off the gas so I put the nitro away and pulled out the savage flux. Within the first 5 minutes I ended up doing a high speed cartwheel which until this date has never ended poorly. I have been fortunate. But not yesterday. This was my result. I guess I really wasn't supposed to run my trucks yesterday. It was frustrating, but I have to accept it and move on.
20171120_143956.jpg
If I knew how to remove the tire successfully I would purchase a new wheel, but I don't know how. I just destroy them. So I either buy another set of two or chalk it up as a loss I suppose. Anyway, there is my carnage from a sad day of what could have been fun.

In the past, I've had good luck with boiling the wheel and tire in a pot of water on the woodstove. Then, using heavy gloves (hot) work the tire off of the wheel. Sometimes it cools too much to get more than one bead free, so boil and repeat.
P.S. It stinks like boiling rubber.

Well I just might have to give that a shot. Certainly couldn't hurt to try it out. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

There are also Ca debonders available, I quit using ca to mount my tires years ago and use Plumbers Goop, holds strong and can remove if needed with no damage to wheel or tires

Well maybe I can salvage this tire after all. Then I will look into plumbers goop. I use goop on my bodies, but that is automotive goop. Would you happen to know if it is from the same company?

Hey thanks for all the help and info! I will definitely give that a try and start using goop from now on. It's definitely cheaper than ca glue. Thanks a lot Jam!
Nightflier, I agree, but being able to unmount and remount to another wheel makes it better because at least I have a spare wheel for the next cartwheel. As many cartwheels as I have done with that flux it was way past time for something to break. I've been rather lucky. I'm more glad that I still have the stock set that came on it so a quick switch was all I needed to be up and running again..... or cartwheeling again. Lol

Thanks again guys. All of you AND this forum ROCK!!! I spend more time reading this forum than I care to admit. It's almost like a novel that I can't put down. Learn learn learn.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back