Carnage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandNewSavvy

So guess what I did. I stripped a head button,,the first time I screwed a plug in to it.
Seriously I sat and did some math and determined I have removed/ replace=1 the glow plug almost 1500 times. Never once strip the threads of a head button.
Better yet, it was brand new....I was going to mod it after break in....(not even touching the threads) other than to insert the plug. .

I think it's a specific glow driver I have that is tweaked (as I use the 8mm for many things) and some of them have been around the block. I believe it's either my Mugen or HPI one....I'll recreate the issue using some older head buttons using those drivers....but lesson learned. I'm going to leverage those older ones with blown plugs....just to ensure the driver is true.

I'll now have to take the engine apart, clean it out real good, and inspect/fix any issues
I ran it once after initial insertion, but about midway could tell it was wobbling. Short version is I had to crank it down and hope for best. It ran fine but once I took the plug out it was a wrap.
I'll throw up some pics...but might be good to show you what I'm seeing. The engine has over 15 gallons in it, but I'm confident I can get it to show out,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back