Can i repaint a body???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

i am thinking about re painting a body a different colour. it is painted on the inside. i am wondering if i could just paint the outside of the body or should i do somthing else??? i need help!!

thx

brake fluid will remove the paint from the inside of lexan bodies.. let it sit for about 20 mins then scrub with a toothbrush then re apply for any remaining paint (ie) corners.... which are tricky...

well you really only have one choice. Paint the outside of the body.

1) wash the body really good soap and water.

2) use scotch brite scuff pads ( get the grey colored ones ther the fine grit)

3) Use a primer-use a polyurathane flexible primer for car bumpers. It comes in a spray can at your local NAPA Auto parts store or what ever you have around you.
4) then once your primer is dry give it a light scuff again just to get any dirt or lumps that might be in it.
5) A hair dryer is a good thing to have to bake the paint dry but don't BURN THE PAINT keep it moving

6) also make sure your in a well ventilated area.

7) a cheese cloth that is sticky is also good at grabbing dust off the body from static electricity.

8) spray on a light coat over the hole body let stand for 3 to 4 min then apply another till your car is covered.

9) spray over the color a clear if you want glossy finish even if your paint is glossy. This will help protect your finish
10) Most important be patiant and take your time. use your hair dryer to heat it up now cover it with a clean Box and let dry

Paintin the outside of a lexan body is just plain stupid... I'm sorry but don't you realize its just a waste of time... the brake fluid method removes the paint to new new body condition...

ok... I'm S T U P I D. And I thought brake flu fuf fluid worked good fuf for ca con ca const ca constipation.... Go fuf fig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey excuuuuuuuuse Me my friend Break fluid great nice tip have I ever tryed it no! would I have thought of that on my own Probably not cuz Break fluid does have Oil and Cutting properties to it. So to my knowledege it would seem to eat the paint and the lexan body Then soak into the plastic and give the paint job Fish eyes. But sence I have never pored Break Fluid on my bodies I gave the responce that I did. His original Question was Can I paint the out side of my body and yes you can. Make it look good yes and make it last Not forever but I could give it a paint job that last longer than you think!

And I'M not Stupid!

Plus not to mention the mess you'll have and break fluid is not enviornmentaly Safe so becareful on where you dump that mess................and don't even think about saying what you want to about that cuz if everone did....well just think about that.

Paintin the outside of a lexan body is just plain stupid... I'm sorry but don't you realize its just a waste of time... the brake fluid method removes the paint to new new body condition...

Felix- I don't know how your allowed to act on the other forums but around here we don't take kindly to someone cutting others down, i.e., calling them or their ideas stupid. Let's try to be grown ups here.

As far as painting the body goes, savagecre took his time in giving you some good info savage x. Try it out.

ive painted the outside of a body before but i use it for just beating on. definatly possible, but no it doesnt last forever but nobody ever said you couldnt repaint it again.

Well done, FX.
OK... Painting the outside of the Body for SMART PEOPLE...
Here's one alot of you probably already know....
The bodies truck bed liner can be painted flat black for a more authentic appearance.

And because camaflage looks STUPID with a high gloss paint,...
My favorite outside paint application is the camoflage theme with flat based paints.

It's easy to maintain because you can simply touch it up anytime it gets scratch up.
Just ruff up the surfface and wipe down with alcohol first before you paint the cammy patches.

When dry, Apply the decals for the trucks headlights, bumpper, grill, ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
And thank you FX I was'nt trying to knock his Idea down eather It might work. who knows It might work killer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back