Buying Parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompte1

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but where is the best online site to purchase parts for my Savage X 4.6? I was at my LHS today and was looking for a new XL body shell and basic wear and tear parts. I was told that they are having a hard time getting HPI anything. If I had known parts were limited I would have probably bought a Traxxas. Sad Right? They have plenty of parts for them. Any help is appreciated

E Bay for most parts these days, as for a body most any of the larger truck shells will fit with a bit of marking out and trimming to fit......

Thats a short course shell I did for my Savage

DSCN1609.jpg

This is my sons with a Desert Militia Raptor body on it.....

DSCN7551.jpg

DSCN7552.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the process of putting on extended tvps so I think I need a xl body shell, preferably painted. I have no experience with painting bodies and have no desire to. I could send off a clear one to get hydrodipped at pitdawg hydro though. It might look stupid to have a X body on a XL truck.

I'm in the process of putting on extended tvps so I think I need a xl body shell, preferably painted. I have no experience with painting bodies and have no desire to. I could send off a clear one to get hydrodipped at pitdawg hydro though. It might look stupid to have a X body on a XL truck.

I am the opposite, I been painting RC shells for over 30 years and it gives me an artistic feel to know "i painted that" as all my buddies ogle my rigs :)

Having a hell of a time finding parts...most are on backorder...waiting a month now for my flux xl chassis...hopefully soon though..most stuff said early may

I am the opposite, I been painting RC shells for over 30 years and it gives me an artistic feel to know "i painted that" as all my buddies ogle my rigs :)
Jam what do you think about my rig?

Attachments

• IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6395.JPG
    IMG_6395.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 0
turdmax has really taken HPI has really taken hpi down hill since the purchase.
they release new models, but fail by EPIC standards to supply parts for current models. guess all they were interested in was the HPI name cause they sure arent doing anything for current savage owners right now
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2016012702

Most of what they are releasing is stuff that was already produced and ready when HPI just stopped much of it....
At least they seem to be getting through a TON of inventory and cataloging parts to be shipped out soon, so I think they deserve a break and just wait till parts and kits start arriving here in the US and Canada...

I hope they decide to continue and supply parts as needed for the Savage line and really see no reason why they would not do just that...

I just bought my Savage X 4.6 a week ago waiting on fuel to break it in....hard to come across fuel in Canada.....I was looking at the 2017 raptor bodies from proline and .I'm wondering how the pre. painted true scale SC Raptor body will fit. It's the same length as the X4.6 bumper to bumper but quarter panel an wheel wells will sit about 7mm away from each gt2 wheel....seems like a perfect fit with out modification....but the FLM. LCG.EXT.chassis 4mm front 1.6" back extended as well as the arm extensions will really help the proline raptor body sit in perfect proportion to the rest of the truck....I know I can get the Mt version it is true scale as well but the SC versions are longer and wider.. the bumpers might actually sit inside the body creating the illusion of stock raptor truck with monstor tires...the summit bodies fit really well on the savage and I love the apocalypse look so that's another one on my list...

Now as for new owners I can understand that it takes time to take over and do it right....and at least most things are coming back for restocking or back ordered....but....but...I see no hint that the savage xl 5.9 will be restocked...says discontinued out of stock every where I look....but the flux version is out....no more octane for that matter....only the 4.6 is back ordered everywhere.....I bought the last x4.6 in North America cause I couldnt find an XL. So not really sure if the big brother is gonna be produced anymore....search up HPI Savage New on ebay you get a hundred plus pages of parts and upgrades...

I just bought my Savage X 4.6 a week ago waiting on fuel to break it in....hard to come across fuel in Canada.....I was looking at the 2017 raptor bodies from proline and .I'm wondering how the pre. painted true scale SC Raptor body will fit. It's the same length as the X4.6 bumper to bumper but quarter panel an wheel wells will sit about 7mm away from each gt2 wheel....seems like a perfect fit with out modification....but the FLM. LCG.EXT.chassis 4mm front 1.6" back extended as well as the arm extensions will really help the proline raptor body sit in perfect proportion to the rest of the truck....I know I can get the Mt version it is true scale as well but the SC versions are longer and wider.. the bumpers might actually sit inside the body creating the illusion of stock raptor truck with monstor tires...the summit bodies fit really well on the savage and I love the apocalypse look so that's another one on my list...

Now as for new owners I can understand that it takes time to take over and do it right....and at least most things are coming back for restocking or back ordered....but....but...I see no hint that the savage xl 5.9 will be restocked...says discontinued out of stock every where I look....but the flux version is out....no more octane for that matter....only the 4.6 is back ordered everywhere.....I bought the last x4.6 in North America cause I couldnt find an XL. So not really sure if the big brother is gonna be produced anymore....search up HPI Savage New on ebay you get a hundred plus pages of parts and upgrades...

The Savage XL 5.9 v2 is replacing the older 5.9. It runs on octane chassis and is mid tanked.

Latest posts

Members online

Back