Buying first nitro car savage 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vans4455

Hello,

A guy at work offered me his savage for $100. With a crap ton of parts said it was a newer savage but after 30 seconds of research found out it's a savage 21 so it's a old car but it fires right up runs great holds idle comes with all kinds of extras a super charger and a extra motor 3speed trans do you guys think this is a good deal. Or is it so old it will be hard to find parts when it does break?

First off Welcome to the forum
parts should be no problem most pieces fit between all models, suspension arms and linkages most screws and all so for 100 bux I would say go for it....

since you are very new to nitros you should read thru some of these threads to help you understand a bit on your new rig...
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-rcs.814/

if you don't get the manual this is what you want to learn and read thru...

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/hpi-savage-25-manual-and-parts-listing.14274/

there is a TON of info on this site and if you use the search function most of your questions can be answered there, if not post up a question, all the guys here are a big help....

Welcome to the site vans4455!

Seems like a decent deal to me with all the extras. Go for it. Worst comes to worst, you can always join the addiction.......of modification. :D

I bought a Savage 21 when they first came out. I got busy with other things and it sat for 10 years. I just got back into it. Mine is bone stock and it runs great. As others have said there are always potential for upgrades.

Somewhere on this forum someone posted a parts comparability chart between the different Savage models. I'm sure someone will post it. If not I'll find it and post it.

Thanks for all the replies, I've been tuning the trans and got all 3 gears to kick in. I took it to the local Rc track and I'm finding out how bad I am on a track and how expensive this is going to be. I managed to break a steering servo saver, bend a shock shaft and destroy the body. The shop there had everything I needed to fix it. But now it bogs and dies when past half throttle once it's warmed up.

Thanks for all the replies, I've been tuning the trans and got all 3 gears to kick in. I took it to the local RC track and I'm finding out how bad I am on a track and how expensive this is going to be. I managed to break a steering servo saver, bend a shock shaft and destroy the body. The shop there had everything I needed to fix it. But now it bogs and dies when past half throttle once it's warmed up.
your to lean on the top end. back off or turn out the top end screw an 1/8 at a time till you don't starve the truck anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Back