Bulletproofing the rear knuckles:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampDawg

Bulletproofing your rear knuckles:

supraz.jpg

Dunno if this has already been posted somewhere, but this is my way of making the rear knuckles stronger on plastic parts. I was litterly blowing the arms of the knuckles within 5-minute spans on the track. The weight of the truck + torque of the engine + bad rear landings = Distaster!!

add another turnbuckle from the bulkhead to the knuckle, this makes for x2 turnbuckles per side on the rearend

yea, i now have alloy knuckles and C-hubs installed, so this isnt on the truck any more. Just thought id share what i used to do using the stock plastic parts.

thnx

I use rear hub carriers, but that's pretty ingenious for the stock knuckles.

What happens when the shocks are fully compressed? Do they push the tires in or out? (like when the TB's are connected to the top instead of bottom of the knuckles.

+1 rep

as long as the new turnbuckles are adjusted and installed when the knuckles already on the suspension arm i found no Neg-/Pos+ camber happening.

Only thing i forgot too mention here, is that i don't think the STOCK BULKHEADS have the additional mounts for the turnbuckles, nor did i mention that when you do install these new turnbuckles to make sure the side on the bulkhead is installed first. Cant remember why at this moment but I'm sure itll come to me? lol

thnx

Probably because the TVP is in the way. Great idea if you have the extra mounts to use.

is there another way of stopping the turnbuckle from popping off?? i would love to do that but i don't have the alum. bulkhead.

I add a washer to the screw between the head and the ball of the turnbuckle. That way even if the plastic of the turnbuckle stretches a bit the washer keeps it from being able to pop off.
I can post up a pic if you don't understand what I mean.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back