Build No.9 starts to take shape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate look at you with your professional filming good job, she flys along no regrets getting this mill then?

Mate look at you with your professional filming good job, she flys along no regrets getting this mill then?
You do make me laugh mate, professional my arse. Yes this mill does run really well, know I have abit more of a tune to do on it but it run brilliant, not been out with it much since I took is video but it will run even better once it settles in and then I can lean it out alot more. Defo no regrets mate, for a 100 quid motor it fab, runs as well as the HPI F4.6 but then they are the same motors. Got another in the post. picked up S/H of eBay, meant to have excellent compression and I trust the guy I'm buying it from, have purchased many Savage parts from him and all have been go. Going to stick it in the quad so I can take the K5.9 out and send it to RayARacing for a repinch. Looks like it's only going to cost $29 with return shipping. Will have to pay the postage to get it to him but can't be alot as only need to send the piston & sleeve.

Last edited:
Yes seem very cheap to me to, but have printed the order form off his site and from what I can make out it's correct. I have emailed him to clarify. attached file is the order form, have a look and see if I'm reading it right.

Attachments

• Document_2022-10-09_203019.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Yes that’s what I make it $29 also mate, is it worth sending in your other K5.9 at same time or play it safe & just try the one first?
Any how wait for his email reply first mate.

Yes that’s what I make it $29 also mate, is it worth sending in your other K5.9 at same time or play it safe & just try the one first?
Any how wait for his email reply first mate.
Thought I was reading it right, not sure what the Global Shipping is but with that option still only $45, This guy has a really good reputation it seems and seems to be one of the best if not the best at repinching. Will only send the one at the moment as the other 3 still have really good compression. One was brand new when I bought it back in March and has probably only had half a dozen tanks through it . But this one all though it still pulls like a trooper which I don't get as it has next to no compression. It was in really bad shape when I got it, the crank was scored to poop & the middle bearing on the crank had broken it's bearing cage and was completely missing. Have changed the crank and crankcase, replaced the button head and backplate now just need the pinch. Even when I first got this mill with all the damage inside it still went like stink. Think it must be possessed. LOL.

You do make me laugh mate, professional my arse. Yes this mill does run really well, know I have abit more of a tune to do on it but it run brilliant, not been out with it much since I took is video but it will run even better once it settles in and then I can lean it out alot more. Defo no regrets mate, for a 100 quid motor it fab, runs as well as the HPI F4.6 but then they are the same motors. Got another in the post. picked up S/H of eBay, meant to have excellent compression and I trust the guy I'm buying it from, have purchased many Savage parts from him and all have been go. Going to stick it in the quad so I can take the K5.9 out and send it to RayARacing for a repinch. Looks like it's only going to cost $29 with return shipping. Will have to pay the postage to get it to him but can't be alot as only need to send the piston & sleeve.
I would also send in the rod along with the piston and sleeve, I think he can check and replace them if necessary...

I would also send in the rod along with the piston and sleeve, I think he can check and replace them if necessary...
That a good point mate👍. Didn't think about the conrod. Would have probably ended up sending it as well though as would save me the fluff getting the clips off the connecting pin. The old eye sight anit what it was these days.

This is Great. Well Done!
Thanks reddragon. Yes didn't turn out to bad in the end considering most of it came from my spare parts box, it is now running a new Force 4.6 mill which is still in the process of being broken in, what with the weather and the lack of time it has only been out twice, spending the rest of the time sat collecting dust on the shelf.
This is 1 of 10 Savages I now own and the collection seems to keep growing.

Stand by I sense a No 11 savage in the making! 🤣
Now mate where did you get that notion from, LOL. No sure yet but you could be right, have put together what could be No.11 but started this to figure out how much I needed to cut off the motor plate to use a set of HPI Low CG TVPs I've got coming. But you know how things are, before long I started thinking "Got most parts to build another truck", I keep trying to tell you I'm an Addict, but hopefully once the TVPs arrive and I can get everything to fit proper then will probably(hopefully) dismantle it as want to use these Low CG TVPs on one of the other trucks, probably No.6 as 6 and 8 are basically the same trucks with the only difference being, 6 has a .25 mill and old style TVPs where as 8 has a K5.9 mill and savage X TVPs

Here's my puppies: They are numbered by their position on my Radio Handset.

No:0 Stock Savage 25 but with 9/29T diffs, 3 speed transmission & reverse.
1667053682535.jpeg

No:1 Savage X with HPI F4.6 mill & 9/29 diffs version 2 bumpers & big bore shocks, XL wide heavt duty axles.
1667053808386.jpeg

No:2 Savage XL K5.9 with big bore shocks & 3 speed transmission. version 2 bumpers.
1667053947919.jpeg

No:3 Savage X full orange ally truck with K4.6 high output mill & 9/29t diffs & big bore shocks, 3 speed & reverse, XL wide heavy duty axles.
1667054116796.jpeg

No:4 Truckzilla conversion with a K4.6 high output mill, 9/29 diffs 1/2 orange ally, 3 speed transmission & reverse, XL wide heavy duty axles.
1667054208250.jpeg

No:5 Another Truckzilla conversion with a K5.9 mill 3 speed transmission, 9/29 diffs, XL wide Heavy Duty Axles, Twin rear pipe. version 2 bumpers.
1667054328521.jpeg

No:6 HPI .25 mill, reverse , aftermarket wide axles, 9/29 diffs.
1667054374205.jpeg

No:7 Savage X Nitro Star F4.6, 9/29 diffs, big bore shocks.
1667054480561.jpeg

No:8 Savage X with a K5.9 mill, 9/29 diffs. version 2 bumpers.
1667054600802.jpeg

No:9 Savage X with a Force 4.6 mill, XL wide heavy duty axles. 9/29 diffs.
1667054694257.jpeg

Last edited:
OUTSTANDING! I'm actually drooling. 🤤
Thanks man, this little package has cost me a packet it can tell you. Only got back into the hobby at the beginning of the year. Had Savages about 15 years ago then went into 1/5 scale with the FG monster trucks then into 1/5 track racing with the FG touring cars & sport trucks had an FG Baja along the way, but times got hard so had to sell them all. Now all these years later I've been bittern by the bug again. It's still cheaper than 1/5 scale I can say, they broke the bank every month.
Here's a few of my 1/5 models from back then. Not got to many photos as phones weren't what they are today.
1667057406055.jpeg1667057681629.jpeg1667058911653.jpeg1667057517010.jpeg1667057736174.jpeg
1667057857680.jpeg1667057795526.jpeg
1667057924175.jpeg
1667058010796.jpeg
1667058059424.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back