Build No.5 finally finished as I wanted her to look.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Savage build number 5 has finally reach the stage where I am completely happy with it. Today I added the final parts, this being the V2 GT-6 bumpers and the Havok wheels with Terrhex tyres.
This is a Savage with the extended 30mm truckzilla chassis, it has a K5.9 mill running 16/52 clutch/spur on 29/9 diffs, with a 2 speed tranny. Which starts and runs absolutely superb.
Some of the added extras are,
Twin outlet rear pipe
Super duty 11mm drive shafts
Wide axles with 3mm pins & 17mm hubs to match.
JP battery voltage indicator.
Ally clutch shoes with 0.9 springs.
SH 12mm starter shaft conversion inside the mill.
The body shell is GT Gigante, which fits this chassis length perfect.
Super duty 114mm Innovate-RC rear centre drive shaft .
12mm Roto Start.
1600mah 6v 5 cell battery hump.
HPI SF-50 steering servo.

Attachments

• DSCF0376.JPG
    DSCF0376.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0402.JPG
    DSCF0402.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0397.JPG
    DSCF0397.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0392.JPG
    DSCF0392.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0390.JPG
    DSCF0390.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0388.JPG
    DSCF0388.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0387.JPG
    DSCF0387.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0379.JPG
    DSCF0379.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0377.JPG
    DSCF0377.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0382.JPG
    DSCF0382.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 8
Loving the yellow Gazzman really pops! 👍🏻

Have you recently got the d/bone from RC Innovative as he replied to my first email but none of my others?

Hello mate, no bought the drive shaft off him on the 4th April this year. All seemed good but than when I tried to purchase a set of extended TVPs a couple of weeks later got no replies to my mails asking if had in stock, mailed him 3 times with no reply so just went ahead and ordered them only for him refund the money the next day with no explanation as to why, This ended up messing up my PayPal account for 2 weeks. I have sent many emails regarding items on his website and have no replies to any of them.

Last edited:
Oh yes remember you saying now, lol!
Yes is strange as he used to be a top guy with great stuff & agree would love to purchase his diff cases & another fresher TVPs off him.
Emailed him the other week asking if I email picture of TVPs could he identify what type they are & he replied next day saying yes just send us images of them each side which I did & heard nothing back even after a follow up email! 👎🏻💩

He still listed all the TVPs you can supposedly buy from him on the site so you should be able to match yours to one of the pictures. Yours look like the 1" rear extended bash version, couldn't tell from the pictures I've seen of yours if it has the 6mm extended front aswell

Lol exactly it’s been so long ago I can’t remember either, but pretty sure he was just starting out doing TVPs for Savage & sent them out to me FOC to try out, might even of found him advertising in the Max Bashing mag back in the day! 👍🏻

Man that truck is clean, looks tough even with the yellow and hopfully it's one of the ones that are easier to tune. Haha good work man really really nice!

Thank bro and what do you mean 'even in yellow' you cheeky bugger, yellow is a great colour. As for the mill it is one of my better K5.9s. The tune on this one is pretty spot on. This was a new mill when I got it, a rare find these days, has had about 5 tanks through it now. All of my trucks are as clean if not cleaner than this one. Take great pride in my Savages. It's a love hate thing. 😛

Thank bro and what do you mean 'even in yellow' you cheeky bugger, yellow is a great colour. As for the mill it is one of my better K5.9s. The tune on this one is pretty spot on. This was a new mill when I got it, a rare find these days, has had about 5 tanks through it now. All of my trucks are as clean if not cleaner than this one. Take great pride in my Savages. It's a love hate thing. 😛
No the yellow is actually very clean. pops and I can see it flying down the street. Have fun getting it a little dirty haha

Alas
No the yellow is actually very clean. pops and I can see it flying down the street. Have fun getting it a little dirty haha
Alas it has now been sold, never had the chance to get it dirty bud. did manage a couple of laps around the local park back in the summer, but now been replaced with another similar looking truck, This one is 6mm longer at the front but still has the 1" extended rear. Running same size K5.9 mill, has 3 speed tranny, modded Traxxas wide axles which gives it an overall width of 490mm with the 1/2" offset on the wheels, 9/29t bulletproof diffs, Hardened steel turn buckles. HPI ally tuned pipe & Low CG Innovative-RC TVPs & Low CG billet one piece engine plate. Innovative-RC centre skid for the LCG TVPs and ally skid plate braces, Innovative-RC 9mm nickel plated front drive shaft, still need to purchase the rear one. A pair of 35kg servos handling the control. HPI GT Gigante body painted in metal flake orange. All plastic components like diff cases, bulkheads, shock towers upper & lower wishbones and radio box are from Savage X so are all v2 spec. 10mm limiters fitted inside the shocks to allow the pre-loaders to be removed giving it a nice low look. Standard black springs powder coated in orange. Sitting on a set of metallic red ZD racing rims with 145 x 80mm tyre. It's now completely finished but dare say it will still get some more mods what with me being a single bloke with wat to much time on his hands. Have a couple of mod in mind, these being a set of sway bars, not that it will need them and a modded(shortened) XL rollcage.
Still waiting for a set of Innovative-RC super duty dog bone to arrive for it. Zero chance of these bending.
1671806939700.jpeg1671807175858.jpeg1671807262531.jpeg1671807295611.jpeg1671807862999.jpeg1671807886934.jpeg1671807928465.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back