Build No.12 My last one this year๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ž

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Well this look like my last Savage build of the year. This will be the 12th and final one of the year. My Savage spare parts box is alas now empty of all major components so looks like this will the last one. Parts needed to finish which I don't have yet are:
Centre gearbox
1 x diff output cup
1 x steering servo
1 x front centre drive shaft
1 x radio box lid

Engine will be a K5.9, steering servo a Feetech 35kg & will get another bodyshell for it as this one is well past it's sell by date.
This build has been made completely from all the parts left over from the 11 previous ones I have put together this year.
Think after 11 previous attempts I finally have a Savage I can use as a basher, not one new part has been bought for this build, completely made from cast off parts. Only parts will probably have to buy new are the steering servo & diff cup which will probably sent me back 20 quid at most.

1671581088974.jpeg1671581033515.jpeg1671581187079.jpeg
1671581308476.jpeg1671581418499.jpeg1671581457896.jpeg1671581491856.jpeg1671581644086.jpeg

That outta make a GOOD Bash wagon. gotta have fun with them sometimes.. :cool:
:cool: :p:woot:
To true Jam1, Funny but the 1st build was meant to be a bash wagon as you put it. But finally here we are, 12 builds down the road, 10 becoming shelf queens just collecting dust, 1 truckzilla built from almost all new parts, used twice then sold. Now I finally have a truck that I don't really care what happens to so yep time to use and abuse it and have some fun. Well that is once I source a tranny.
Back in the early days of savages I ended up with 4, 1st one got completely alloyed out and became an shiny unusable lard bucket, the 2nd one got a full truckzilla conversion which was woeful with the worse mill I have ever owned being the 7.5cc Hotbodies and the 7" wheels on 14mm hexs that buckled under there own weight. The 3rd decided to commit harry-carry and take a dive off Newhaven Harbours east pier never to be seen again, and the 4th was a totally stock savage 25 except for a spider gear diff conversion. Had alot of good fun times with that truck, ran good, performed good and jumped well,
Used to say back then that they are best when left standard and still think the same now so why I have so many of them that I don't want to use for what they meant for baffles me. Like I said before, think I might need therapy.๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™ƒ. But at least my collection isn't as big as yours bud.๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘ Maybe there is still hope yet.

Last edited:
This is the mount for the brace as it fits on the XL, it only clips over the tvp add could maybe somehow be fitted to your tvps by drilling a hole in it and using the screw that holds the rear bulkhead as that is where it ends up resting if fitted.

Last edited:
To true Jam1, Funny but the 1st build was meant to be a bash wagon as you put it. But finally here we are, 12 builds down the road, 10 becoming shelf queens just collecting dust, 1 truckzilla built from almost all new parts, used twice then sold. Now I finally have a truck that I don't really care what happens to so yep time to use and abuse it and have some fun. Well that is once I source a tranny.
Back in the early days of savages I ended up with 4, 1st one got completely alloyed out and became an shiny unusable lard bucket, the 2nd one got a full truckzilla conversion which was woeful with the worse mill I have ever owned being the 7.5cc Hotbodies and the 7" wheels on 14mm hexs that buckled under there own weight. The 3rd decided to commit harry-carry and take a dive off Newhaven Harbours east pier never to be seen again, and the 4th was a totally stock savage 25 except for a spider gear diff conversion. Had alot of good fun times with that truck, ran good, performed good and jumped well,
Used to say back then that they are best when left standard and still think the same now so why I have so many of them that I don't want to use for what they meant for baffles me. Like I said before, think I might need therapy.๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™ƒ. But at least my collection isn't as big as yours bud.๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘ Maybe there is still hope yet.
JAM IS AS SICK AS THEY COME...

Latest posts

Members online

Back