brushless help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1n3sse

I'm converting my 1/18 losi lst to brushless. I have a mamba 8000kv motor and esc and have the following questions.

Do I need something to regulate the voltage to my receiver and servos?
Do I need a low voltage cutoff?
what gearing is safe so I don't burn up my motor. my spur is a 54t

unfortunately idk anything about this scale or set up, but my experience is a good starting point with any product is the mfr's product manual.

it looks like that car comes stock with twin brushed motors: http://www.atomicmods.com/documents/Team_Losi_Mini-LST_Owners_Manual.pdf

which esc and motor (b/l) do you have?

ps. in stock form theyre running 23t pinions with 50/54t spur.

but lets see about the esc before we talk about pinions. also, how much does the car weigh with the lipos & everything ready to go?

so i just read that it has a 1.5A bec built in and a low voltage cutoff. I guess now I just need to figure out what is a safe gearing and go right?

here is some useful info from the castle site

Mamba Micro Pro is priced the same as the old Mamba-25, yet it offers up to twice the performance.

Programming Options
Just like the original Mamba-25, the following Mamba Micro Pro settings can be changed with the transmitter:

Low battery voltage cut-off warning
Brake strength
Lockout reverse mode
Timing adjustment
Start-up mode
Reverse speed
The Mamba Micro Pro ESC is Castle Link™ compatible too – drivers can use their Castle Link and a Windows PC to tune and tweak additonal settings, such as:

Throttle response curve
Brake response curve
Saved profile setup files
Punch control
Separate brake strength
Separate reverse power

ok, guys with 1/18 micro brushless cars running Reedy Systems are in the neighborhood of 13/55

so, based on that, id try the 12/52 and, like lj said in shout, just watch your temps. word to the wise - they're claiming 60+ mph with that gearing and your system on 3s.

Since i have a 54t spur gear can i run the 13t pinion and be about the same? I'm gonna be running a 2s so ill see speeds about 50mph nice.

yep thats gonna be fine, just hit it with your temp gun here and there till you get used to running it and the temps.

Latest posts

Members online

Back