Broken spider gears ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hankinator

Finally got through the break-in on my STS D30 and wouldn't you know...less than one tank of fuel and a few wheelies I now have a broken rear diff.

The R/P still looks ok. If you look at the pic closely you can see the diff housing has a big bulge and a hole in it where it tried to throw out a piece of spider gear. The drive cup pin is sheared too. I am thinking the gears went first and caused everything to bind and sheard the pin?

Anyway. I posted on the CEN diff mod thread and am seriously looking into that...still doing the research.

While I am dissapointed that my rig is down I am still grinning ear to ear at the performance of that tank of fuel...this beast feel 5 pounds lighter with the STS mill. :40:

Not really suprised the diff broke...as I have mentioned before my rig is big....1" extended TVP's and 6.9" Moab 40 tires. Pulling wheelies while rolling. :).....

100_1320.JPG

PS..sorry about the pic lighting..couldn't get it right.

Later,

Hankinator

Last edited by a moderator:
wow u sure did mess up the spider gears!! lol guess with the big tires and more torque it just couldnt take it!! i've heard so many people on here say not to put huge tires on as there hard on your drivetrain!! but some of them big tires look awsome though! i've just spoken with jt he's going to be doing the cen diffs for me so its pretty much bullet proof

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back