Broken carb inlet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandit

Hi guys.. I've finally got a hold of a savage 25. It has no controller which I can sort but I can't run it yet as the pipe that sticks up from the carb has been snapped off. Can this be repaired or is it a new carb job??? If so where is the best place to get 1.... Many thanks... bandit

Also can any 1 tell me which model I have here and what engine it is so I can order a carb. I've seen 1 but it says only fits a k engine .. its the 1 on my avatar pic. Many Thx j

depends. are u saying just the air filter came off?( the rubber tube). if so, it just fits back on.

if the actual plastic "neck" came off, then you need a new carb. I cant tell you which engine you have, because I can barley see the engine. can you post up a pic of the engine?

depends. are u saying just the air filter came off?( the rubber tube). if so, it just fits back on.

if the actual plastic "neck" came off, then you need a new carb. I cant tell you which engine you have, because I can barley see the engine. can you post up a pic of the engine?
I'll post a few pics tonight when I get home from work. Thx for the reply

20150706_175509.jpg this is the broken part of the carb 20150706_175536.jpgand this is the engine. Any help identifying would be a huge help.. relatively New to nitro .

that an s-25 engine.

do you still have the brass sleeve and needle that came off? because its not broken from what I can see. you should be able to just screw the needle back in.

Looks like the old Nitro star 25 looks like you are missing the high speed needle set up and the nipple that goes into the carb for the fuel is the plastic cracked where the air filter goes or is it broken off looks cracked to me.

It seems to me it was overtightened and stripped the threads. Try to use some telfon tape first. Put a few good wraps around the male end and snug it down.
If that doesn't work, you will need a new carb body or a new carb.
I have a spare one. PM me if you are interested.
You have a Nitro Start S25 engine.

I'm gonna go for a new carb. This is exactly how I got the truck. Also has no radio. But the receiver is there with a chip in it... Thanks for the info guys.. Gonna need a bit of help wiv this 1 as been waiting yrs to get 1 of these but know little

Odds are if the receiver has a chip in it, then it is probably one of the older style receivers and that chip is for your frequency. You may just want to go on and upgrade the receiver and transmitter to one of the newer units the Futaba or if you want to save some change since you are new you can look into the FlySky combo. You may want to take a look into that engine also and make sure it is not full of dirt and dust.

I have a 2.4ghz set up but it's on my brushless converted traxxas I built. Could this be adapted to use on the savage or is it no good cos it's a speed controller type .. sorry for so many questions but I really want to get this truck up and running... I'm a 360 digger driver so work on sites. The perfect place for some awsome vids. I have a couple vids already but there brushless rc's

Just won this on the bay.... change from a tenner so thought it was worth it even if I have to break it down.... Screenshot_2015-07-06-21-14-08.png

I have a 2.4ghz set up but it's on my brushless converted traxxas I built. Could this be adapted to use on the savage or is it no good cos it's a speed controller type .. sorry for so many questions but I really want to get this truck up and running... I'm a 360 digger driver so work on sites. The perfect place for some awsome vids. I have a couple vids already but there brushless rc's

It depends you will probably have to buy a new receiver, What transmitter do you have on the traxxas.

It depends you will probably have to buy a new receiver, What transmitter do you have on the traxxas.
It's a truck I built from various parts. Helion radio gear most of the stuff taken from my dominus

any rx will work on the savage. it doesn't matter if it's on an electric, nitro, or gas truck. all rx's work the same.

just be sure that you reset the failsafe( if it has one).

I have an old 2 channel 27mhz and matching rx and tx. I could use that yes? But then would I need a separate failsafe. Or is it built into the receiver in the car. Cos I was thinking take out the rx chip and put mine in the receiver that's already in it and use my stick radio

you could use it, but it's not a good radio. the point is to upgrade to a new 2.4ghz radio.

and yes, you would need a separate failsafe. they are usually built into the rx( although you can buy a failsafe module.)

Right no plans tonight so going for a strip down and start cleaning the truck. Maybe try the servos if my radio will work with it..

you could use it, but it's not a good radio. the point is to upgrade to a new 2.4ghz radio.

and yes, you would need a separate failsafe. they are usually built into the rx( although you can buy a failsafe module.)
Ok ill try the 2.4 radio 1st I know that has a failsafe... Thank you for your help.

Flysky f's gt3b would this run the savage. I know it's cheap but as I progress ill buy better

yes, the gt3b would run the savage fine. jamracing1 uses that radio for a bunch of his nitro's.

if you want to upgrade, I would suggest the flysky it4. it has plenty of features, and has been working well for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back