broken bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
land on your tires? maybe? :jamout: sorry bud, only thing i could think of

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoe goo, Get some shoe glue and put it on the corners and around the edges of the bed where its weak.

Also, cut out as least as possible for the roll cage and engine head.

They also last longer if they are set as low as possible.

When you cut your bodys, make sure too leave no right angles in the corners. It causes a the plastic to tear. Use a dremel to fillet the corners and it will last alot longer.

body repair

you could also use drywall fibre tabe and good glue or shoo goo works good,lay the tape inside the body at the weak points then glue it adds a bit of strenghth to it!

What brand bodies are you using?
I have found that proline bodies crack eaiser then hpi brand ..

Proline bodies are thicker .. But I think this makes them crack eaiser

I also have to agree with ya Jeremy. The thicker body is great but also makes it stiffer which on hard landings and so on will tend to make it crack easier.

What brand bodies are you using?
I have found that proline bodies crack eaiser then hpi brand ..

Proline bodies are thicker .. But I think this makes them crack eaiser

I've noticed the same thing, I like Proline lids and all, but they are not as nice as HPI. Proline's are thicker in some places and thinner in others so cutting can be a challenge. Also they make you score your own stickers.. lol

duct tape works wonders or you could use mighty putty it works ive used it once it just looks kinda weird but you could sand it down

if its a crack around the area of the tailgate, and you do alot of wheelies, watch the body when you are doing one. mine was catching and it was ripping the body towards the front of the truck.

after a while, it just ripped the whole dang bed off.

it cracks then breaks in the center of the wheel wells ive tried all kinds of stuff and was wondering if i could tether it to the truck

Wow wildchild, we've got a couple things in common...you now live in OK, we both have Hemis, and we both have Savages...

Ok, you guys cant tell ANYBODY this.......... lol I have been stuck out in the woods now for 2 years and its really hard to get to a hobby shop. I broke the rears out of both of my bashing bodies. I hate driving my truck without a shell so I had to do something desperate......

000_4488.jpg

Ok, you guys cant tell ANYBODY this.......... lol I have been stuck out in the woods now for 2 years and its really hard to get to a hobby shop. I broke the rears out of both of my bashing bodies. I hate driving my truck without a shell so I had to do something desperate......

LOL.. Good one mud.

000_4488.jpg

atleast with that body your always going forward lmao

Latest posts

Members online

Back