Brians 27.2cc motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

Well Brian's motor is cleaned with a new O'neall Brothers Race ported, powder coated Head.
O,Neall Brothers break in is a little long but not bad. Let truck sit and idle for one full tank. Then tune for performance. Long but not bad.
DSC02389.jpg

ONeil said that this pipe ( Jet pro 3) would work best with this setup.

It's a modded race ported 27.2

that thick coat of orange makes it look pretty sweet. need to see some vid of that bad boi let loose.

I'm almost tempted to let John break it in. The last modded engine I had I leaned seized the 1st time out. That's the one thing about a stock engine is that it's more forgiving than a modded one. I heard the last one pop.

DSC02389.jpg

yo.......nice mill man! if my baja can do do standing wheelies with just with a 26 and a ddm...hate to see what that one will do. my baja pput a lil scar on the dang tailpipe from walking wheelies!!

Just remember guys a modded top end kit for a 23 to 26cc stock motor is only 75 to 100.00

I've debated powder coating heads in teh past. Wondering if the powdercoat would act as an insulator, retaining heat. Let us know how it does esp. compared to a stock 26cc. For $100 I may just have to do it.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I won't kill this engine 1st time out in, less then 2 hrs. Replacing parts ain't cheap. Oneil Bothers offer some cool colors. Something different. I'm more curious to see how this Jet Pro 3 pipe runs. I have a rear Dom. Even the Dom got bent 1st time out. So is anything really all that protected?

I want to see this thing run so bad.. I'm pushing my dad to buy a baja, only so I can use it :)

Over the weekend John installed the Jet pro 3 pipe to his truck and went for a spin. He thinks the power band is not only better than the rear Dom just performs better with about the same sound levels. He really prefers this pipe over the rear Dom. It tucks better or less likely to get damaged vs the rear Dom. Now I'm looking forward installing it and giving a try. Quicker response time best excelleration and top end. Pipes are not cheap but the best way to know is to take the plunge and go for it.

OK, here is a quick video of my truck. stock 26cc motor red clutch spring and top speed rc4wd gear set. with the jet pro v3. better tires i would probably still pull wheelies. the hard compound hostiles just spin and shed rubber. there is no grip with them.

my 2 cents- talked to John today and he was very impressed with the quality of the Oneill head. Craftsmanship- That's why my next head will be an Oneills bros.

]-[0pa]0ng;108044 said:
I'm almost tempted to let John break it in. The last modded engine I had I leaned seized the 1st time out. That's the one thing about a stock engine is that it's more forgiving than a modded one. I heard the last one pop.

DSC02389.jpg

So how'd it go then?

Still sittin on the Ol bench next to the 5B. haven't had the time to rebuild it. Do have all the parts to finish it off. Soon....

gotta love the sticker... what stand is that ?

Watch the temps running the engine without a full plastic head cover. It acts as ducting to direct air from the flywheel (slash cooling fan) around the front of the cylinder and out the back to cool it evenly and actually does a very good job of it, I had a 50f rise in temps after removing it.

Dropping (or ditching) the front windows a little will help, I run mine with a 20mm gap from the top so it shields the air-filter and then i have some flat lexan guide air down towards the cylinder that dropped my elevated temps down 20-30f, but if your not running a lightened (fin less) flywheel you may want to consider fitting a full shroud as the engine will run in a safer heat range, as is you'd likely be hitting near 300f after WOT runs and unlike nitro's these engines do not come down in temp a lot when off the throttle and O'Neils will confirm that at around 300f bad things happen, they say anywhere between 200f-280f is normal and 2-stroke Kart guys target 220f as a good running temp.

Best place to check temps is at the back above the exhaust port fairly close to the top of the cylinder between the cooling fins.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back