brake issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theklopedo

I lost brakes and this is what i found, What steps do i have to take to fix this? thank you.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2643.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2643.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 4
Your brass bushing fell out (Part number 86930). The question is why. Can you get a picture of your brake assembly? I'm guessing the screws backed out.

upload_2016-10-12_16-24-23.png

Yup the brake caliper inside fell apart, most likely the screws backed out and caused the loss of the brass bushing X posted above.....

Unfortunately... two ways to get at it. Take off the entire TVP and remove the trans, or, remove the rear end and engine/engine plate. I would pull the rear end.

The part that probably fell out is here:
2012-1223-SavageX-BrakePlunger.JPG

And the two screws you have to get at that are probably loose or missing:
2012-1223-SavageX-Brakes02.JPG

Been there, done that!
If you find that your braking is deteriorating, first place to check.

Thanks guys, I found that the screws were backing out luckily they're still there and so is the brass bushing, I tightened the screws now the brakes are stuck, is this because those screws are too tight or is this an issue with the linkage ?

The top screw still "wiggles" with the brake pads, should it be tighter ?

Attachments

• IMG_2653.JPG
    IMG_2653.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 1
The screws really shouldn't move. Maybe flex a little at most. You may have stripped threads since they are just going into plastic. They are shoulder screws/bolts, so they only screw in so far. When they are tight, there's just enough room for a bit of slop so the pads aren't gripping the disks.

I have everything back together, but the top screw did not seem to tighten as well as the bottom...if it is stripped and this problem keeps happening would I have to replace the transmission housing or is there a better way?

About all you can do is replace the case. You can try cleaning out the whole as best as you can with DA, then fill it with JB weld, then put the screw in it while it's wet, then let it cure. Might eek out a bit more time, but I'd get a trans case on order.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back