Body Pin Handles???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potter24

Hi all I'm wondering how to make the body pin handles like in the pictures below from Larsenracing's truck
From what i can see its fuel tube and some zip ties.

P1010878.jpg

Here is another pic i found of them
midtankcont012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not concerned about them if you have a look in the centre of the pic they have fuel tube handle on there fuel tank lid

Thanks

thats a purty truck there!
Umm it's mine...lol!

Hi all I'm wondering how to make the body pin handles like in the pictures below from Larsenracing's truck
From what i can see its fuel tube and some zip ties.

Here is another pic i found of them
midtankcont012.jpg

Here's how you make it

2 zip ties and a piece of fuel tube.
Cut the block end of one of the zip ties, then feed the other zip tie threw the fuel cap slot with the block on the under side of the lid, then slide fuel tube over zip tie (this will be tight so take your time and it will adventually slide down on it), finally run the block that you cut off the first zip tie and trim the excess and boom bada bing one heck of a cheap pull strap for your tank lid!

In the pic above I used 2 block ends to give me more of a "handle" to grab onto.

This might be what your looking for.
bodycliphandles.jpg

Regards.
SL

thats a purty truck there!
Umm it's mine...lol!

Here's how you make it

2 zip ties and a piece of fuel tube.
Cut the block end of one of the zip ties, then feed the other zip tie threw the fuel cap slot with the block on the under side of the lid, then slide fuel tube over zip tie (this will be tight so take your time and it will adventually slide down on it), finally run the block that you cut off the first zip tie and trim the excess and boom bada bing one heck of a cheap pull strap for your tank lid!

just do the same as in SL63's pics, but instead of looping the zip tie around the body-clip, you'd do the same thing with the fuel tank lid, as jcam54said ... :resp:

Awesome thanks guys/girls

I got some fuel tubing this afternoon, and made up a couple of handles, they work a treat thanks

i've been doing this for a few months,just like to add that ,around a 1'' mark works best, anything over tends to pop off pretty quick in roll overs. lost a few till i got the lenght down pat. peace. and great post/pics

I made some body clip handles from very small zip ties and used heat shrink to mold the looped zip ties into a small tassle just use heat shrink just large enough to slip over the knuckle part of the zip tie, and about 3 mm longer than the loop. use brightly coloured heat shrink so they are easy to spot if dropped on the ground. i also slightly bent the looped part of the clip so it is slightly raised off the body when in place

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back