Body for Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

formiko

What is the must durable body for bashing? I am curious what you serious bashers like for bodies to stand up to abuse and also help protect the truck. Looks are not too important.

From what I have heard, the Ford F-650 from Pro-Line is the strongest clear one because of it's design at back with the built in toolbox in bed and it's 060 thick.
http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline.html
I almost got one, but I couldn't go to the Dark Side- I'm a Chevy man so I got their Silverado one that looks just like my 08 truck. Too bad I haven't had time or $ to paint it yet. There are also some black fiberglass ones out there but I cant remember the link. I'm sure someone will post them.
Dave

I too am curious about this. I have stretched my stock one out by putting 1.5 inch washers on before I put the pins on. It has worked fantastic so far, I think I got the idea from this forum somewhere. What's the cheapest place to buy bodies?

What's the cheapest place to buy bodies?

what's the cheapest place to buy anything? ebay of course...I got a package deal about a year ago...5 bodies (NIP and unpainted) for $60-ish shipping included...

Thanks for the suggestions. I was browsing ebay and there aren't a lot of bodies on there for cheap that I was seeing. Most are priced just under what tower charges, yet the shipping is more. I personally only buy stuff from ebay if it is a big savings over buying from the lhs or tower. Keep the suggestions coming.

I like the pro-line bodies. They are fairly thick and hold up pretty well to whatever you can trow at them.

Has any one here tried the Pro-Line Desert Rat? it looks like it fits close to the rollbar and doesn't have much overhang. I've been thinking about one strictly for severe bashing...
Proline-3225.jpg

I have one on my rustler and sliding on the roof wore through the spoiler area in the rear quickly along with the number plate corners. The only place that got any cracking was around the single body pin in the rear, but with two it probably would hold up better.

Someone needs to come up with an indestructible body for bashers. I could care less what it looks like, just one that doesn't crack or rip would be nice.

I have one on my rustler and sliding on the roof wore through the spoiler area in the rear quickly along with the number plate corners. The only place that got any cracking was around the single body pin in the rear, but with two it probably would hold up better.

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention though, is that my rustler doesn't take 6' to 10' drops onto the lid like my savage does.

I have the pro line 80 chevy body and it is getting ripped up pretty good. Especially since I built a jump for back flips.

there's always the non-transparent gravedigger-type bodies...I think they're fiberglass?? a bit heavier, but I bet they'd stand a good beating...

I am also a gm man so i run the proline chevy 1500 and it hold up really good,it like to slide on its roof alot,i think proline bodys are the best as soon as they make a 08 gmc sierra body i will be getting it so i cam make it look like my truck.I also like the proline peterbilt dump truck body

they look cool but i don't like how you have top paint the outside and theres not many chocies of what you want and its on ebay

the proline f-650 is very thick perfect for bashing.

Wow I have been through Oh 3 bodies and to tell you the truth Pro line for me like the ford body ah I forget no witch one but I found that if you strengthen the body post hole area you have a better chance at keeping it awhile longer..lol I mostly seem to tear them in half if its a truck style with the bed. Once the body post area goes its only a matter of hours. lol

Well I picked up the Blazer body for myself on ebay along with the parma trash truck for my dad. Hopefully the Blazer lasts longer than the truck I have thoroughly destroyed. But the good news is that I am getting better at landing jumps and back flips right side up.

I am thinking of hot gluing another layer of lexan to the body hole section of the body after I paint it. I think that might be enough to keep from ripping body pins through the holes. That and I am going to make the holes a tight tolerance to the post size.

Any other ideas on how to strengthen the body holes.

since monies are short for me, i just flipped the body mounts around and drilled new holes. i haven't had a chance to go out and run it yet, cus i don't have an air compressor, and its 100% wet here, with more rain on the way.

Well I picked up the Blazer body for myself on ebay along with the parma trash truck for my dad. Hopefully the Blazer lasts longer than the truck I have thoroughly destroyed. But the good news is that I am getting better at landing jumps and back flips right side up.

I am thinking of hot gluing another layer of lexan to the body hole section of the body after I paint it. I think that might be enough to keep from ripping body pins through the holes. That and I am going to make the holes a tight tolerance to the post size.

Any other ideas on how to strengthen the body holes.

I have seen these and always wanted to try them but haven't yet. I think I will when I do my next body.
Dave
http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=8040/137.0.7371.11018.0.0.0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back