Body Clip Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

I tried some searching but to no avail. Does anyone have any tips on keeping the body clips from disappearing off the truck or from being bent beyond recognition? I've tried the home made pull tabs, bending the end up at a 45 deg. angle and was thinking at the time that these are not going to make the problem better, and my hunch was correct they disappear even quicker. I've tried running just regular body clips with no mods done to them and if they are still on the truck they are bent out of shape. I'm thinking that is why body clips come in a big bag and are cheap. But if anyone does have any suggestions I'd be greatful. Thanks.

I Think that might work. The only problem I can see is that everything is made from plastic and could possibly wear out during some rubber side up excursions. But I might take Du-Bro's idea one step further and build the same sort of idea only using an alum. center post and aircraft cable. Should this work I'll post some pics. Thanks for the heads up twinengsav!! If anyone else has any other ideas I'm still open to suggestions.

Tractorman, you need to design some "micro sized" pins like the ones used to retain your implements on the 3 point of your tractor!

You know, the pin that has a ring that flips over!?

I had the same problem with those clip retainers,they would break easily especially on a lid scrape on the street.I did try a zip tie version but didn't like it.Both ideas of a ring over clip and cable idea sound like the perfect solution,please show us what you do!
Dave

I just read your other post and had an idea. What if you make those custom posts threaded and use a locking nut, or some other nut to keep your body down. The nut would take all the abuse. Just an idea.

I use the dubro clip retainers on everything. They work great. I haven't had much issues with them tearing or anything. The strap is rubber and is very forgiving. I have riped a few off but have had very good luck. My LHS caries them and they are very cheap so i just grap some more if i do have a problem. Like said I have had several pairs probably 7 sets and have only wrecked 2 pieces total. I am very hard on things expecially when bashing.

The Dubro retainers do work well. But I like moto's suggestion as well. But overall I just get lots of clips and figure they are A consumable.

That's a great idea moto!!! I never thought of anything like that, but they would work great. Next time I'm at the farm supply store I'm going to look into that. I also love parkermarsh's idea about the body posts/retainer built into one. As Pineapple said when you do a lid skid down the street I can't see the Du-Bro retainers standing up to 30 ft. of pavement. I won't have time to do anything till I go back to work on Wed. so hopefully by next weekend I'l have some pictures of what I came up with.

Ive been there done that about the 30' of upside down skids with the dubro retainers more than once. These are usually pretected well enought by the thiangle regine the hood and windshield along with the rear bed and rear window make. My truck has tumbled down an 80' hill which was on a 45* angle it has also been flipped into brush and other obseen things with no problem with the retainers. Try them you will see they are $2-3 woopee and you have a hole in your hood.

Latest posts

Members online

Back