Bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost13az

Has anyone figured out another body that fits the xs? Wheely king? King crawler? 1/10 or 1/12? How to measure properly? The El Camino is 200mm ? I think? So does all 200mm bodies fit? Trying to find out if others have swapped lids.

I was actually just about to make this thread. I have an RTR GT2XS body that's about done after about 10 packs and wanted to see what other people were doing before I bought another.

Have these trucks lost that much interest? Or has nobody tried any other bodies? Surprised that no one has replied....

Have these trucks lost that much interest? Or has nobody tried any other bodies? Surprised that no one has replied....
The only bodies I've found are the Ford raptor and el camino bodies on towerhobbies. Maybe some other 1/12 scale bodies can be modified to fit but I havnt come across any.

The only bodies I've found are the Ford raptor and el camino bodies on towerhobbies. Maybe some other 1/12 scale bodies can be modified to fit but I havnt come across any.
I've heard that some mini slash bodies will work, like the 1/16 desert rat. There's a Chevy Avalanche & a carbon fiber body on eBay. Of course I know about the stock ones. Can't believe nobody has experimented with this. I may look into the Avalanche. I'm curious if the wheely king or the bullet mt 1/12 would work. I'd rather not put a Ford body on my truck

Still no other input? Everyone is running stock bodies? Other than the carbon fiber one, I haven't actually seen a savage xs with a different body than stock. Kinda sucks! I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig. Lol:bucktooth::D

In reality any 1/12 body shell could be used, some trimming here and there and possibly some massaging of body mounts may be needed but most any body type can be used, even a road car body for that matter...... it mainly depends on how much time you wish to put into doing so.....
One of my Clodbusters is running an HPI super RS4 Nitro road truck body (now discontinued) which I trimmed and made into a monster truck, actually came our great because my Clod is nowhere near stock and it fit the wheelbase almost perfectly...

In fact both these trucks are running the same shell, mine is the blue one my sons is the pinkish drip designed one.... they are very old but still work well and set our rigs apart from anyone else...

Latest posts

Members online

Back