big bore shocks have lost strength

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrington81

Hi, I keep my savage flux off it's wheels all the time. I noticed when I put the truck down on it's wheels the truck sits lower and isn't as high. The shocks have lost it's strength for some reason. I added the plastic shims between the spring and mount so it sits higher. My garage is warmer now since I put the heat on. Mabye that's reason. My e-revo did the same thing. No idea what to do.

First thing is check the oil in the shocks, if you have run the truck much it needs changing anyway...

I put new 40wt in one of the shocks today and it didn't change a thing. Really weird.

well you have 1 done out of 4 so do the other 3 and understand springs also settle after a bit and will need more preload (spacers) to keep ride height where you want it to be....

all my big bore shocks have traxxas jeto springs in place of the smaller stock top springs. they take some of the "squishiness" out of the stock shocks

Thanks for the reply. I put the large spacer in and removed the small spring and it seems to have worked.

Latest posts

Members online

Back