Best Shocks for Bashing????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagexl44

I was wondering if any one could tell me the best shocks to use for bashing...

I have a Savage XL and have had it for a couple of years. I currently have the stock shocks on it and I am tired of the caps coming off and the shock shafts bending during a bash session.

I usually run my truck at my in-laws cuz they have 10 acres, we set up big jumps and stuff. I need something that is durable for big landings.

I am told from my LHS that big bores are typically good for on the track as they give a more cushion ride. They suggested that I stay with 8 shocks to keep stiffness however go to aluminum for more durability.

I was considering getting these from integy:

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=2533&p_catid=59

Does anyone have these??...are they any good?

I was also considering going with 4 or even 8 HPI Aluminum Big Bores...or the LST 2 shocks.

Please let me know your thoughts....

I have been a member for a while but this is my first post...I have enjoyed reading the forums here and have got a lot of information from others...THANKS!!!

you can also change out the springs and a different oil thickness which is alot cheaper than those.just an idea

Unless you are going for the bling factor, I personally would not recommend those shocks for bashing. The big bores are very good shocks to bash with and they are half the price of the ones you linked. If you go with the big bores, I would recommend you get the aluminum shock caps and a spare set of bladders.

I haven't used the HPI Big Bores but I do have the HPI threaded aluminum shocks and I like them a lot! I do occasionally have a bent shaft when going for huge air but it's rare and I've only ever bent one at a time, never more than one in a session. I've been running them for almost a year and I think I have bent maybe three shafts in that time. Never any other troubles, no leaking, no caps coming off etc. For the money the BB's might be better but I got mine free so I couldn't complain! I have had good luck with these, that's why I haven't upgraded to BB's.

Save the money and get the HPI aluminum big bore you can get them on ebay for like $70-80..
all you need is one set (4 shocks) and use 35w shock oil there great ..

Unless you are going for the bling factor, I personally would not recommend those shocks for bashing. The big bores are very good shocks to bash with and they are half the price of the ones you linked. If you go with the big bores, I would recommend you get the aluminum shock caps and a spare set of bladders.

+2 on the big bores and get spare bladders.

i use hpi big bores they are the best I've found with 35wt shock oil seems to be the best

i have the sport big bores(flux stockers) and i beat the livin snot out of them and have had no breakage other then a leaking oring. i run the large spacer and one spring per shock and 25wt oil and love it. they have also survived 30+ ft of air without breaking or bending.

Oh and welcome to :hpisf:

Latest posts

Members online

Back