Best Servo to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBud

I have been running the stock servo for a while now and for the past 6 months I haven't driven the xs much as it has been down. I just replaced the lower arm and hinge pins and noticed the truck is not turning very well. I cant remember if it always had a weak servo or if I did something to damage it when i broke the arm and bent the hinge pins.
Either way I need to fix the existing servo or upgrade .
What do you think the best servo would be for the XS flux??

Thanks guys.

I've been running the one vetteheigh linked, it works well, maybe 60% more power than the stock one?

Is a 2075 servo as good? I seen that someone else in the "Show off your savage" thread was using it.
Thanks for the reply's guys. I appreciate it.

How much did you guys pay for the #110650 - HPI SS-40WP SERVO ? I'm having a hard time even finding it to compare prices. One place in the U.S wants $60 and a place in the U.K wants $26.99 Euros.

I got it shipped for $45 about 2 months ago via eBay

XS Flux option parts are very hard to find now...nothing is in stock

Is a 2075 servo as good? I seen that someone else in the "Show off your savage" thread was using it.
Thanks for the reply's guys. I appreciate it.
  • Digital high-torque ball bearing servo (waterproof)
  • 125 oz-in torque; Transit time 0.17 sec/60°
  • Dimensions: 55 x 20 x 42.3mm
  • Can be used in all Traxxas 1/10 scale vehicles and many other applications
  • Rebuildable with #2072 gear set and #2074 servo case
It's not metal geared and not as fast or as much torque as the SS-40. So no, not nearly as good. But probably cheaper to buy, especially on ebay. I have 2 of the 2075's laying on my workbench currently. Took them out of the new brushless revo I got for Christmas. Still ok to use for t/b though, although a bit slow. I think I have a couple in my jato.

Hmm. Well unfortunately I'll have to go the cheaper route when I get some cash or save up. Just got laid off today, But it's still nice to know my options.
Thanks guys.

I haven't got a new servo yet, probably going to order at the end of the week if I can but until then I have a a question about steering. I have adjusted the trim on the remote and as long as I'm going somewhat slow it goes straight but as soon as I get going kinda fast it starts pulling to the right. Anyone have any Idea's as to what possible causes that are causing this?
Thanks all.

Lots of things can cause it to pull one side or another, slop in the system as in bellcranks, a arm pins loose or bent... toe in toe out can also cause it.... a servo that is too weak to stay centered properly....

take the servo arm off and check all the front end components for looseness, make sure the shocks are smooth and rebounding correctly by removing them and the springs and perches... also check the oil in the shocks and refill as needed with whatever fluid you are using.....

Thanks for the reply.
I just replaced the arm pins and front arms. I'm not to familiar with a bellcrank, I actually have no idea what it is. Is it the servo saver or similar?
Thanks again

Bellcrank refers to your linkage for the steering system, some have a built in servo saver, some use a servo mounted saver. either way look for slop in the system...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back