BEST CVDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmind

Hi all,

That's not a question, but the name of the CVDs I bought off ebay. I have been asking around about who is running CVDs, and I am not getting much. So I have bought some of these CVDs. I'll let you all know how they run after I get them installed.

BESTCVD1.jpg

BESTCVD2.jpg

Thanks, Nick

I think the full name is RC Best...Someone on here has mentioned that they aren't very good...I can't remember who though...who knows...maybe you'll have better luck...I've thought about buying them before myself...keep us posted...

HPI set is real nice. There's also MIP. Can't remember what had been said about them. Back in the Day original Savage the CVDs pin backed out, broke something. They were always causing an issue. I'm pretty sure that has been fixed since then. TSAIS us to make or still might make CVDs for the Savage. Those were real nice.

I'm running the hpi set now, only broke one pin so far

I had an old hardened drill bit , I cut it to fit in its place

I have always wanted to try these. But I have had good luck with my dogbones so I haven't yet. Keep us updated on them.

I'm runnning GPM CVD in my metel savage. But I can't find them anymore. HPI and MIP, even TSAIS are bit expensive. I know they are good. But the package you see in the pics, only cost me $45.99 for all 6 CVD's, and I got to me in less then a week.

Were MIP is $40 not including shipping for just one pair. You are looking at $120+ for the whole truck. I would rather spend that money getting a better engine. But if these CVDs suck, then you get want you pay for. I will let you all know if they suck. But if they are great. $46 for a full set is CVDs. I will be a happy boy.

My .02
Nick

]-[0pa]0ng;68362 said:
you can get version 2 steel TSAIS from A main Hobbies for $55.99 for all 4.

Amain/ Savage/TSAIS

Includes FREE shipping.

Thanks for the link, but I have already see TSAIS CVDs. I believe after some searching, I found them cheaper some were else. Amain is bit expensive mopst of the time.

But we're still missing the two Center CVDs. And at minimum is $20 more. Bring the total to $76+

Plus personal note, i liked the clear shafts better then black. Also, i bought TSAIS CVDs for my Revo, all six. I do like them.

I too just ordered a set of these. 11 days of waiting so far... apparently Taiwan is a long way away! I hope they work out well.

If you don't mind Nick, I will also post test results in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too just ordered a set of these. 11 days of waiting so far... apparently Taiwan is a long way away! I hope they work out well.

If you don't mind Nick, I will also post test results in this thread.

Wow it only took 5 business days to get here. I am still in the process of upgrading and rebuilding my savage. I too will post their performance.

I received my shafts today. Auction said 7-14 days - today was day 14. They were on time, but way too slow for an impatient dolt like me.

I am impressed with the appearance, quality, fitment and price so far. I am waiting on some hardened diff cups, but I may have to try them out anyway. I can't get over how much smoother they are than the HPI hardened dogbones I was running. They oughta really get the power to the ground.

They appear to be comparable size to other brands, so it stands to reason other rebuild kits would work with them - however, i really like Crash's pin replacement idea!

-More to come.....

On Ebay do a search for a store called hi-iq (not a dash more of a wavey line) anyhow they make a set that really look interesting. Peace.

The cvd's Groove is talkin about are Here.

I have seen those, I like the looks and the no dogbone, but DAMMM $140 + shipping for that? Just $200 dollars more I can get a new savy. lol

I'm almost finished with rebuilding my savy, i have only couple days more to go.

Raises Hand...
Not trying to butt in, but this is how bored I am. From Wikipedia....

An ampersand (&), also commonly called an " 'and' sign," is a logogram representing the conjunction "and".

A clef (from the French for "key") is a musical symbol used to indicate the pitch of written notes.[1] Placed on one of the lines at the beginning of the staff, it indicates the name and pitch of the notes on that line. This line serves as a reference point by which the names of the notes on any other line or space of the staff may be determined.
Music_clef_demonstration.svg

Is it recess yet?

And this, my friends, is thee lesson within the lesson -

Thread Jacking...

It gets us nowhere, and is a bit distracting to the thread originator, and those interested in the initial topic. It is an easy thing to do unintentionally - Not a huge deal most of the time, but distracting in an informational thread!

I do it too, and try to watch myself constantly!

Thanks fellas!​

Sorry moto and will not do it again

I probably will...I'm famous for it actually :duh:

this will be the last one in here though...

also, I knew it wasn't a treble clef, as I have one tattooed on my shoulder (treble clef, not ampersand)

Latest posts

Members online

Back