Best Clutch/Spur Gear Ratio with 3 Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Yo all, Got a Savage X F4.6 which has always been great at wheelies, It's running std 17/47 clutch & spur gear with 9/29 diffs with HPI Havok wheels(3.8"). Well have just fitted a 3 speed conversion to the gearbox the 77064 version, 24/38T 3rd gear. The truck is running good shifting through all 3 speeds but the trouble is now that I can't keep the front wheels on the deck at all. Slightest amount of throttle and up she comes, have it at full chat then lift off the gas then put it back on and up she comes again, This seems like great fun but is making it impossible to drive, have the V2 wheelie bar fitted but it's still hard to stop it doing back flips.
I am thinking of changing the clutch bell to 18T as have one already but not sure if that will be enough, was wondering what you guys are running in respect of CB/SG on your F4.6 Savages. This is not an extend chassis just a std Savage X.
Post your Gear setups please, would be good to see what works for you.

My Savage X is fast enuff and a handful with the 2 speed, it will wheelie at full rip in 2nd gear, I never wanted much more speed although a 3rd shift would be cool to hear....

I know every mill is different with tune etc, but just out of interest can you remember what your clutch settings are on the 3 speed g/box, that’s the next thing I want to get tuned in?

Bought mine as a 3 speed kit, clutches were already set, so have left them as HPI set them. On the 2 speed I know that this is set at 2.5 turns in which is the same as 4.5 turns out. It's easier to wind the screw in all the way then back it out 4.5 turns if the box is still in the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Back