Bending/Twisting TVP's

jbsmith_05

So today I noticed that my tvp's are bent...what are the strongest tvp's out there for replacement? My truck is a savage 25

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
There are a few companies offering chassis plates for the savage, FLM is one and the other is Innovative RC I did not search thru the entire inventory to see whats available I will leave that fun to you :)

http://www.innovative-rc.com/savage-c-27_52.html

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/ You may have to call fastlane machine about your needs, it is either these or finding a chassis set for the truck on e bay or the like and installing those....

also can look into using a savage x chassis, I am not sure what will be needed for this though... the savage is pretty versatile and part compatible so that's always an option....

jbsmith_05

Thanks... I was looking at FLM's. From what I've been told the TVP's on the X and XL will fit the old trucks as well (just might need longer dogbones for the XL). But for the cost of FLM I could buy 4 sets to X's of ebay.

I'm wondering if that makes more sense - I'm not sure if they bent because of a crash or because of the larger motor in it causing a lot of torque.

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
Well stock plates can bend if you do a lot of big air jumps and land no so well, one wheel landings can bend things out of shape in a hurry too. as does cartwheeling it some.... best thing you can do is to make sure all the screws are there and tight before a bash session and try not to land wonky will help a lot....

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
HPISF Supporter
FLM TVPs are 4.7mm thick. IRC TVPs come in both 2.5mm and 4mm varieties.

Greywolf123

This is a pic of the Savage 25 TVP and the FLUX TVP. As you can see, their is a difference. 2nd pic is side by side. 1st pic is the 25 on top of the flux. DSCN1153.JPG DSCN1152.JPG

Latest posts

Members online