Bdc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammer

OK, this is really silly ... how do you get the piston to go to BDC?

hey all,

i'm just checking out the process of getting my engine back to BDC before i start my breakin. i've not started the engine once yet ...

i've got the glowplug off and am looking at the top of the piston. the flywheel just wont budge at all ... is this normal before the the engine has been started for the first time?

I am looking at the right thing aren't I part number 86271 in the savage 3.5 manual.

it wont move at all ... :(

cheers,

you should be able to turn it by hand...it will get really stiff/hard to turn when the piston reaches TDC...then just turn one half turn past that...you may only be able to turn it one way...

take the plug out and then pul the pullstart untill it reaches bdc. thats what i did.
hope this helps
4x4

ahhh ok ... i didn't try turning it both ways or pulling the pull start. i did have the plug off tho ... hope its not stuck!!!!! anyway, have 1.5 gallons of fuel now and just waiting for my mate to arrive with his cen fun factor and then we're off out playing!!! yay!! catch you all later ... have a good one!!!

re bdc

Take plug out find bdc. Once you have it, mark the flywheel with a sharpie or perm marker then it will be easy to know where bdc is for the rest of your cycles :Xfingers:

the pull start wont let you turn it the wrong way.

thats why it wont turn, try the other way, pull the cord to see which way the engine spins.

Just break the engine in.............

Well the day went like charm!! broke in and hada load of fun as well!!! I'm just writing it up with photo's ...

Latest posts

Members online

Back