Battery Cycling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeyers2

I have a 1400 mAh Hump Pack which I charge with a 100ma trickle charger. I have no idea when the pack is getting low, so every night before I am going to run my Savage I charge it up overnight. My question is... if the battery is discharge only slightly (say only 25 - 30%) am I hurting it by charging it all night. I know you do not have to cycle NiMH batterys.... but should I be draining it down before I charge it. Thanks all....

My experience will my venom packs is that it takes aleast 10 good cycles to reach full power. I own two of the 1200mh and one I have no problems charging. The newest one will run fine but dump very fast and it takes some work to get my prophet plus charger to pick it up and start charging again. A trickle charger should never have enough power to damage a battery that big but you might not get all the performane from it by never letting it stretch out. You should be able to get atleast 10 or 15 runs easy without a full recharge. It might be a good idea to get a power indicator or a good peak charger.

in answer to your question, NiMH is supposed to have no memory effect, so partially draining it, and recharging it, or leaving it charging over night when it isn't fully discharged, should have no ill-effect...

Latest posts

Members online

Back