Battery charge time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Werner

Is it possible to damage a RotoStart battery by overcharging even using the correct charger? How long does it take to recharge a glow plug igniter?

Usually the original batteries of those starters are Ni-Mh and their chargers have an output current equal to 1/10 of the battery capacity, so there is no problem if you forget to disconnect them after charge.. If the charger output is more than 1/10 of the battery capacity, then you risk to overheat and damage the battery if you don't disconnect it.

The peak charger I have gives me no choice as it gives off a high pitched bleep when charging has finished & have to disconnect it!

The peak charger I have gives me no choice as it gives off a high pitched bleep when charging has finished & have to disconnect it!
Most that do that actually switch to a trickle charge mode to keep the battery topped off. At least NiMH/NiCAD charging modes usually do that.

i ditched the roto start years ago. a property tuned and primed engine will start first pull.. just one less thing u need to carry with u to run the truck

Latest posts

Members online

Back