Baja 5B Paint Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryugaiden05

Here are some pics of the paint job I just finished up for my father-in-law's Baja. We got him a new body for Christmas and he turned me loose with free rain on the design. So we went to the local hobby shop and picked p some paint for it. I got the Pactra Purple Crush and Cobalt Blue paint. It has a very holographic look to the paint. Also used a Parma Big Flames mask. The body came out very nice in my opinion, since it was the first one I had painted. My father-in-law was very pleased. *A tip, if you use any of the color shift paint, be sure to back it with black, any other color will not make the color come through.*

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1243.jpg

This is one of my pit hands, inspecting the paint job for himself.
DSCF1244.jpg

DSCF1245.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

Very great work. I love the color scheme. That's a sexy looking Baja as well.

Thanks guys, I know my father-in-law loved it. Yea, that is our youngest cat, Stitch. He is into everything when it comes to RCs being in the living room floor. I just have to watch him though, he likes to thieve parts (I think he is trying to build his own RC, but I can not find where he is building it LOL!)

i'm teaching you too much. dammit i'm gonna start charging you!!!! LMAO

looks good........can't show you the job i'm doing on the mad force though.......muueeeyyyyhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah!!

Yea Soulja, you have taught me a lot on painting these bodies. And thanks for it. They seem to get better and better each time I do one.

That looks sweet! I hope to be picking up a B body for my T, i like the scheme - i might have to steal it, er, i mean give you the highest form of compliment by trying to replicate it :)

Bob

Feel free, my biggiest tip would be if you use the parma mask like I used, try to find a bigger piece of transfer paper than what the provide. The piece in the package will barely cover the larger graphics. Also if you use any of the Pactra flip paints like I used, be sure to get a can of Backing Black or I used Outlaw Black so the color will really show up. That paint will take several thin coats before you can even barely see it coating the body. Good Luck on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back