Bad ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageBasherxl

Was running my flux today when all of the sudden it shut off.

figured batteries may have been dead so i parked it.

went to plug the esc into my computer to program it and it wont light up.

So i plugged it back into my receiver and still nothing. no lights no sounds.

new to electric so I'm unsure if this was my fault or i got a crappy esc?

I cant get the esc to do anything at all.

Does it smell? If it burnt up you will know it and will never forget the smell. Also, you may have an issue with the on/off switch. Ive read that they can go very easily. I have the switches removed on both the flux and truggy. Just cut out the switch, and twist the two wires together and solder them. Once you plug the lipos both in it will turn on, and also will keep you from ever forgetting to unplug them.

Also, if it is new you have the waranty. Castle is very good about the warranty. As long as you didnt get it wet, or hook up the lipos backwards, they will most likely replace it.

well it doesnt really smell badly. But i know it wont work. it did not get wet. it was only about 20 minutes old straight from the box. I am going to see if they can send me a new one.

what do i do about my lipos now? i guess i have to discharge them and put them in to store mode.

the smell is very faint. i cant smell it unless i bring it up to my nose. and it smells like normal electrical products do haha.

kinda bummed that it was brand new and now i cant even run it.

Any reasons that might have cause it to "burn up"

This is my first brushless set up, so I'm not sure how they usually work/sound/smell.

when i would turn my reciever on the esc would turn on also, is that normal? but it wouldnt go untill i flipped the switch on the esc itself.

just to ease your mind! I know a fellow forum member(24/7Savage) who had a esc go bad on the third or fourth time he used it!(ON A FLUX) He checked numerous things(lipos,connectors,SMELL, and the motor) and after all that it was the esc that was bad. He sent it back and got a new one. Never figured what was wrong but he got a new one anyway!

well they are sending me a new one.. no questions asked.

Latest posts

Members online

Back