Backyard Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warbux

I never let my grass get too high but just asking for suggestions running my new HPI Savage XS Raptor on an SPC 6500 65C 2S LiPo. Should I gear down or just blast and fix what breaks? What is going to break first? How durable is this truck and should I be jumping with it?

I have the older non-Raptor XS. It's surprisingly tough and will survive crashes without damage that would have sent my bigger Savage home for repairs. You can break it if you try hard enough, but it has survived multiple trips to the skate park with minimal damage.

You may eventually have to replace the front dogbones with CVDs. My front dogbones both eventually snapped, but the CVDs are holding up like champs. If you run it a lot you may eventually need the hardened drive cups too, but those aren't necessary right off the bat.

I never let my grass get too high but just asking for suggestions running my new HPI Savage XS Raptor on an SPC 6500 65C 2S LiPo. Should I gear down or just blast and fix what breaks? What is going to break first? How durable is this truck and should I be jumping with it?

That's what I'm eyeing for my next RC. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. Seems @hpicelery likes his.

I'm currently running the 60-tooth idler with the 26-tooth pinion (geared down for bigger tires).
Pro-Line Masher 2000 tires on Desperado rims.
Front dogbones replaced by CVDs. Rears are still stock.
Hardened drive cups on the transmission and diff inputs, diff outputs are still stock.
Pro-Line Power Stroke aluminum shocks. (Nothing wrong with the stock shocks, I just wanted to fancy it up.)

Latest posts

Members online

Back