Axial engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think its funny , on another forum i go to everyone is talking about this engine and all saying its a great engine and its better than other brands that they all talk about.it is like they don't even realize its the hpi 4.6 .they go out and buy aftermarket engines because of the name[ it seems like] and don't realize the stock 4.6 is a good engine already. i know my 4.6 in my truck is a lot faster than my picco .27 in my truck. and my runtimes are longer with the 4.6 engine than they were with the picco.27. my sons pirate rtr with a hyper .21 engine was almost dead even with my savage 4.6 with the picco .27 in it, and with the 4.6 hpi .28 engine in my truck he cant even catch me.

jrstorm said:
i think its funny , on another forum i go to everyone is talking about this engine and all saying its a great engine and its better than other brands that they all talk about.it is like they don't even realize its the hpi 4.6 .they go out and buy aftermarket engines because of the name[ it seems like] and don't realize the stock 4.6 is a good engine already. i know my 4.6 in my truck is a lot faster than my picco .27 in my truck. and my runtimes are longer with the 4.6 engine than they were with the picco.27. my sons pirate rtr with a hyper .21 engine was almost dead even with my savage 4.6 with the picco .27 in it, and with the 4.6 hpi .28 engine in my truck he cant even catch me.

The axial .28 is not the same as the 4.6. The guy who headed HPI left and when they launched Axial, they gave him a ton of dough to push and market the product. He took a lot of the HPI knowledge with him, which will account for the 4.6" look" but as far as it being the same as the HPI engine, it isnt.

iv never seen that engine up close i was only going by what i saw on the websites and the specs on the two engines, on the websites they look pretty idenical . I'm done with the hpi engines anyway, after having the sts ill never get another hpi 4.6 or an axiel or whatever they call it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back