Axial .32 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eskamo

OK so I have a spec 1 axail. 32 I snapped the shaft off the peice that goes to the rod on the inside of the block and I broke my pull start I wanna know what roto start I can put on the motor I put my roto start off my Mach 427 it worked and I think that's why the shaft snapped I've been doing some reading and they say you can use a HPI roto start for the k series on this motor I wanna know if that's true and will it hurt the motor thanks guys

If you are referring to the pin in the crank that should be a replaceable pin and using a roto unit will REQUIRE one to be there because thats what engages the pull or roto unit to start the engine..... possibly a pic or 2 would help visualize what you are talking about

On the axial motors you can't replace the pin so I'll be ordering a new one I just want to know what roto start I can use and possibly a link on tower hobbies to order it

OKAY , well the pin on my Axial .32 IS replaceable so ya got me as to what you have there it goes into the hole in the crank with a spring first so the roto unit will work....and I am using a standard HPI big block roto unit on my :ercm:

I have a green head the peice I broke was the part that turns the connecting rod to turn the motor over mine is one whole peice

The spec 1 32 the pin is in the roto bearing an slides into the crank inside the rod jernal. If you broke the pin (rod jernal) off the crank you need a new crank. I cant imagine that happening tho. I just build a 32 spec 1 yesterday. You have to have a roto start hub for a 32. If you try to use a .28 it will not work they are different for the longer stroke the 32 has over the 28. I have a extra 32 crank I would sell if you need one.

That's the pin I broke

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-08-23-10-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-08-23-10-12.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 6
That's the OWB holder assembly, so get the part linked above and ya outta be good to go

Last edited:
See and that pin goes in the little hole in the rod right

Attachments

• 1208152314.jpg
    1208152314.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8
OK so now that I have that handled what roto start do I need the f series and the k series can't be the same

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back