axial .28!! awesome power! savage is finally awake!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

on-spinners

well i finally set-up and broke in my new motor that had been staring at me for the last week and a half..............friggin' awesome! started right up and i followed all the info provided by axail. although i did notice that once i ran 4 tanks through it and started to lean the mixture out an 1/8 at a time ( i only really needed to move it a 1/4 in total) it really started to heat up......when the motor was running the way the instructions said too, without moving the settings, they are crutial in the break-in, it ran at aout 90 degrees celcius, then with the minor leaning i did it jumped signifigantly....like 140 degrees celcius, whoa. i thought i was gonna screw things up, so i shut her down and let it cool off, i haven't fired it up again because it was getting hot outside here, and i think that may have been partially to blame for the engine temp.
it is about 30 degrees outside here........i got heat stroke. not so awesome, so i figured i would post this and let people know that if you are interested in the axial motor .28 version you won't be dissapointed, it is all out power and is really loud! i think i'm gonna get a new pipe because i would like it a little quieter..........i mean it is loud! ear peircing......cool though.
i ended up tightening the slipper on my savage to get more power to the ground and see if what i had read was true about the axail motors, un-friggin-belivable!....truck flipped backward right onto it's roof, and after a little throttle playing i could litereally catwalk the truck, both from a dead stop or a modest roll.......super happy with the motor!

i'd like to hear what others have to say!

I actually have the Axial .32...but they are a awesome motor for the price..i have around 3-4 gallons in to mine now...and still very powerful in the savy....

IMG_0780.jpg

Yes indeed, I know of several who have the Axial .28 and .32 and I think every single owner is very happy! Some of the .28s seem to run a bit warm, but that doesn't appear to be affecting power or reliability.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back