auto LiPo cut off help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Hey guys as you know i bought a used flux hp and i wanted to do the programming just to make sure everything is on the up and up. i calibrated the esc and it did fine but when i try to calibrate the LiPo cutoff per the user manual its not finishing like the manual says it should, per the manual it says to hold full throttle until you see yellow led flashing then release wait for tones and then pull full throttle until green then release and it should go solid yellow but mine just flashes yellow and beeps so i cannot tell if it is set or not, the manual is for the blur esc and of course i have the elc-6s. I do not have the castle link cable and software to do it on my computer instead so any thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Screw it I just ordered the castle link cable instead. I cannot find anything on the web about this problem.

Sorry, I never fiddled with mine without the castle link. My first electric was a brushless revo, I got the castle link for it. Then I got the fluxHP later and it was used. The castle link worked on both so I never had to try figuring out menus by beeps and throttle blips.

No worries at all man I was just kind of frustrated with not being able to find anything online about the manual programming. I should have ordered the cable when I first bought this thing anyways haha

what is the difference between the top two rows? It seems that they're the same thing to me. I know the thread is a little old but I figured it kind of pertained to the original post
received_438871009979030.jpeg

If you only and always run, let’s say 4s you can set the first row at your preferred per cell cutoff then the ESC will always cut at that point no matter what!! But if you run different cell count like 4s 5s 6s you set the first row to “auto LiPo” and the second row to the preferred per cell cutoff then the ESC will automatically detect the connected cell count and make the cutoff at your chosen point in row 2 multiplied by the detected cell count!! The ESC will give a beep sound for every cell detected!!

I wish they would let you select the device and load your last settings from a file so you could see things without plugging in an ESC. I'm curious what the number is next to that first setting now.

Maybe I'll dig out my old flux esc and plug it in just to look.

Now when you sad that and I’m looking at the 4.0 in the first row I remember that it’s the hole LiPo voltages cutoff!! (Cells combined) when not in auto!! Sorry ?

If you only and always run, let’s say 4s you can set the first row at your preferred per cell cutoff then the ESC will always cut at that point no matter what!! But if you run different cell count like 4s 5s 6s you set the first row to “auto LiPo” and the second row to the preferred per cell cutoff then the ESC will automatically detect the connected cell count and make the cutoff at your chosen point in row 2 multiplied by the detected cell count!! The ESC will give a beep sound for every cell detected!!
Well I got lucky and looks like I did it the right way. Is 3.2 volts a good cut-off number?

Have
Now when you sad that and I’m looking at the 4.0 in the first row I remember that it’s the hole LiPo voltages cutoff!! (Cells combined) when not in auto!! Sorry ?
to check to be 100% sure

I posted that reply before I saw yours. I guess I'll see what happens I'll run a battery checker to make sure I don't go under in case the ESC doesn't shut it off

Have

to check to be 100% sure
That's okay lol. I think I'm safe leaving the first one at auto correct? And am I understanding you correctly, no matter how many cells I hook up, auto will read it correctly? I have to let that sink in a little while to see exactly what you meant

I use 3.5V I think. My packs come off ranging from 3.4-3.6. I'm not sure how it works, but anytime there are cells in series, some drain more than others and the ESC just does the math to get an average.
. Do you think I should set mine at 3.4 Volts for a better safety Factor? I haven't tried Series right now I'm just doing parallel with two two cell batteries. I'm actually liking the speed with just that right now. This way I probably won't destroy it is fast

That's okay lol. I think I'm safe leaving the first one at auto correct? And am I understanding you correctly, no matter how many cells I hook up, auto will read it correctly? I have to let that sink in a little while to see exactly what you meant
Auto LiPo have never got it wrong with me

Latest posts

Members online

Back