are my low engine temps due to old/bad nitro or 32f weather?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

Ok so my hpi savage x has been parked for like 2.5 years and I believe the last time I used it, I didn’t empty out the fuel however I could be wrong. So I just dug it out of storage and of course the fuel tank was empty so I cleaned it out and still had the 2.5 year old new nitro sitting around and it looked to be the same blue color as when I got it. So I charged everything up and got it running, however the temp outside is 32f ish. it started up fine with the old nitro. I ran it around for half temp but it wouldn’t even come to temperature. It was just chilling around 140f-180f ish. I tried leaning the HSN and I don’t really know if that helped. I let the fuel empty and I came back inside now.

I wanted to ask, is the low temps because of bad nitro? Or is it more about 32f being too cold?

It doesn’t feel cold to me outside like I didn’t even wear gloves and I was fine. Like does maybe bad nitro end up causing low engine temps?

My only reason to get it running now wasn’t to bash. I just wanted to get it running just so maybe it would clean any gum or sludge in the engine because my plan is to store it properly so whenever i want to drive it in the next few years, it actually ends up starting.

Any idea?

Members online

Back