are china servos decent or garbage? thinking of mg996r

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

I picked up a mg996r for a backup and my hpi servo seems to have quit so I was thinking on running this. Is it half decent for throttle atleast? Or will it have a mind of its own and basically mess something up?

the only thing i was thinking was lets say i have the mg996r on my throttle and it locks up onto wot or on throttle and is headed toward a wall and not responding to my remote, if i try to enable the failsafe what if it doesn't respond, then is this a good reason not to have a cheap servo for throttle? or am i thinking wrong

If not, what’s a decent servo for a savage x 4.6 for a good price?

Thx

How failsafe works is when you loose signal it turns servos to neutral position or depends how you set it up. Thats all. It is automatic.
When you lose power to servos your going to have a runaway, depends where your throttle is on that current moment.
You cant make Savage runaway proof. The spring that should pull throttle to the neutral position is not strong enough to move linkage/servo horn. You cant add a lot stronger spring as well, it makes throttle linkage slow and causes other problems.
Good ways to avoid runaway.
1.Always fully charged hump pack.
2.Fully charged batteries
3. 2.4ghz transmitter that already have built in failsafe function.(Flysky radios are good for value, Gt3b, GT5)
4.Linkage mod
5.Good servos. If your going to order from china I would recommend JX Ecoboost servos 36kg digital servos. Loads of power and fast full metal servos. You can buy lower KG for throttle but the price difference is not that big.

That is it.

I always set my failsafe trigger mode with the servo set at full braking. When i loose signal i have an abrupt full braking condition.

Latest posts

Members online

Back