Anyone use paint masks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson

I have been looking at getting a new body for the savage and thought about trying out a paint mask on it. The YouTube videos make it look simple and good but does it actually work good with all the contors and edges?

Just thought I would see if anyone had any insite on this before I bought everything and butchered it all up lol

I was thinking of going with www.xxxmain.com unless someone knows of a better company. And yes I thought xxxmain was going to be some adult site too lol.

I use the xxx main masks alot, a couple tricks you will need to know are to start with a CLEAN body and use a hair dryer or heat gun to make them contour around curves and things and use the backing sheets to help you lay them evenly without wrinkles... key thing is to take your time and do the best masking job possible...
I have spent as much time on the masking as actually laying down paint at times, always use light coats of paint, do not try to cover in one coat as it will most likely cause bleed under the mask, also use blue painters masking tape to cover areas you don't want paint on at first.. above all take your time it will show in the end product....

Happy painting and post up pics of your shell when is all done

Prep work is the most important. Laying the paint does not take much time. Have patience and you will be happy with the result.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back