Anyone running the Mach 427?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage03

Well my savage has been sitting on the workbench since last year cause after spending well over a grand on it I was repayed by nothing but a headache every single time I tried to take it out for a run! So its sat for a year with a new picco .27 and got bright idea to feel like taking it out again last week and sure enough more headaches, the engines oneway bearing decided to snap in half! So bought a new bearing, $25 later. Went out again and just wouldnt stay tuned to save my life, then my friend (natedog) decided to play with (I should have known better then to do this) it and he got it a little better but then he brings it over and says I think I busted the steering servo! So $25 later for new gears I was sitting this last week debating and said screw it, one last motor then I'm done and this thing will be converted to electric! So after some asking around it seemed the Mach 427 was getting good feedback. Anyone on here using one? Trying to get answers on SC is a royal pain at times, I haven't been here in a long time but need a new home since Ive been ran off another forum. To many forums!
Thanks

Hey Opa
Thanks for those. Mostly was just making a new post since its been awile but some stuff I have found out that might help someone else looking at one is this:
You can use the shaft start system in the savage, I was told you will need to trim some of the bulkhead in the rear but i will be able to tell you how much and whatnot once I get it(tomorrow!). It is a drop in motor. The stock glow plug seems to cause issues so the recommendation is switch it to a mc59 or another brand of hot plug for break in and most are using OS8 plugs after breakin which are a medium plug. I will be trying the Racers edge Sure Fire #4 Platinum/Iridium Glow Plug after breakin. Other than that the reports are it runs great, starts right up, holds a tune. Only thing I couldnt really get answered was types of fuels it likes, for my 3 piccos I ran Traxxas 20% but thought about a diiferent brand this time around unless Traxxas is fine, no O'donnel its to expensive in my area.

Oh and pipes, I have a new vantage cf pipe that I hop ewill work well with this motor, anyfeedback there would be great.

Last edited:
although not entirely related to but based off of my newly installed sportwerks .26 the mach 427 should be a great engine. I know the mach series and sportwerks engine are made by the same company and my sportwerks has good power. I have heard nothing but praise for this engine. When i get my aftershock i will probably upgrade the engine to a Mach 427. What i like best about these engines are the carbs. They just seem so smooth with the power.

I sure hope so! Like to for once take my savage out and enjoy it. thing is with the picco when you could get a few passes with it tuned it was insane, nothin like seeing lst tires balloon like pancakes! It would only last maybe a tank tho then it was more tuning.

Those expensive engines are just like that. I had a trinity sirio .18 in my maxx a few years ago and it was just as you described. Then recently i picked up another sirio .18 at a LHS(super freaking cheap like $50 new compared to $200 originally) and it was a dream to run and tune. idels great awesome power for a small block and revs to the moon. You can just never tell. I am happy with my sportwers though. I just need to get all 3 carb inserts (6mm, 7.5mm and 9mm)or more fine tuning.

What insert do you usually stick with for general bashing? Motor is supposed to be here today, cant wait to get it sealed up and install her, then tomorrow with the breakin!

7.5mm seems to work really well for most i think there is a 9.0mm in mine right now and it is giving me a low speed stumble. 6mm is really snappy and more for short track stuff

Latest posts

Members online

Back