anyone have bumper problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grtrnd1

Ok,, hard to explain. My savage is about a month old. I have had some pretty bad landings. My front and rear bumpers have two screw down through the top that screw into the skid plate. No problems there. I have two screws that go straight through the front and into two arms that loop back into the differentials and are held in by black plastic clips. Theres the problem. I have broke front and rear screws off both bumpers. Didn't break the plastic, just broke off the screws. Does anyone else had this trouble and found a way to solve it. (or just stop landing on the back and front). Thanks, cool site.:nono:

You could get stronger screws. Mine bend all the time but landing on the wheels never hurts to save on parts also. LOL

both screw heads on my front bumper have broken off with the screw shafts still in the bumper mount. Since I cannot master the art of landing on my wheels, and end up on the front bumper or lid most of the time, there has not been any affect with the screws missing. Only fix I know of is to get new bumpers and bumper mounts.

I have the fix for this problem! Actually Oregonmud told me but get some long black drywall screws. After you get the broken ones out replace with these.The thread on these makes them bite really good and they go all the way though the bumper which makes them stronger. Just dremmel off excess after they are tight.
I'll take some pics later and post here.

Dave

Pics

Here I took out the screw so you can see the type that it is-was much longer though.

23kp4ew.jpg

And here it is installed-kinda hard to see though but I did cut it flush with bumper and also ran these down though skid plate-very strong!

ogexs7.jpg

Since I have done this I have had no more problems with it and I always hit something that I shouldn't hard! :duh:

Dave

great idea...now only if we could find a way to keep all of the trees and rapidly aproaching off kilter landings out of our way!!

Thanks for the idea. I appreciate it. If I would land on my wheels I wouldn't worry about it, but that is too boring to me. Lol. thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back