any one know if the green axial. 28 head will fit on this motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if ya have it onhand is easy enuff to try it out, if ya gotta buy it I would get the right head for the engine...

I just hate this purple! Trying to get rid of it all on my truck. and needing a new head soon so was think now would be a good time but looks like a no go.:mad:

If you want to get rid of the purple head on your engine, why not get the the grey head off a V1 F4.6 hpi engine?
From memory they are the same engine, just different cooling heads. If you have a buddy or some one you know with a V1 F4.6 ( grey ) savage, swap them to make sure it fits. But it has to be the version 1 head because the V2 will not fit.
Hope this helps.

I bought a v2 version before I knew that because I got a good deal..Then found out won't work. And the v1 head is quite a bit more than what I got this v2 one for. Just have not had the cash to get the v1 yet.

Well if ya wanna save a bit you can always deanodize the head you have, a couple cans of strong oven cleaner and some time all that purple can be gone...

yes that's my plan for the motor plate and stuff this winter. But my head is pretty scratched up and dented so was looking for a little cheaper one than the HPI one.

that's more in my price range! The hpi ones are running like $35-$40! But also don't want to end up with another useless head:banghead:
I got one for my v1 F4.6 a few months ago from a eBay chop shop (Jenny's rc) for around 10$ +postage. But they seem to have all dried up since the v2 came out
I know nova rc make a polished head but it's a bit pricey

I know nova rc make a polished head but it's a bit pricey

I think Nova RC must have gone out of business. I don't find them anymore, and their website is down. It's sad, they made good stuff. I have their aluminum cooling head and clutch shoes.

I will probably just end up shelling out the $35 on a hpi one when I get to sick of looking at the scratched up purple one. Or might give the oven cleaner a try when I'm doing other parts this winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Back