Antenna length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trouble 69carm

Hey guy's how long does the receiver antenna need to be . I run a spectrum DX4C can i makt 2 or three inches long think that's too short:drinkcoffee:

If you change the length of antenna you shorten the range of your rig..... and run the risk of losing the signal entirely which can cause a runaway....

I'm sure it screws up my range, but I just coil my antenna wire up in the radio box. Some of my other trucks the wire is zip tied to a shock tower.

I am using a flysky GT3B in my truck and the antenna is only about 6 inches and stays right under the body with no trouble at all

If it loses signal throttle shuts down failsafe also if I shut off transmitter throttle shuts down i don't need more than a football field for range I'll do a test on range thanks bro

The thing with 2.4GHz receivers is the whole wire isn't acting as the antenna, only the skinny part at the end. If you cut the wire, you have to re-strip the shielding away from the last part of the antenna. This video gives a good explanation:

Insted of cutting the wire I don't see why just doubling or tripling the wire until it is at your desired length wouldn't work.

I still run my stock radio so I don't want to hack my cord off but I think I'm going to try to just tuck it under the body, I don't see it limiting the range too much.

I rolled my truck without the lid and cut off my antanna too. I then stripped it down to the wire covered in clear plastic and just like that I was back in business. It's only 3 inches long but I still have great range. So I don't think that size matters in this case

I kept loosing my antenna tube on rollover. I now have a short tube just under the body, I did not shorten the wire, but I understand on the 2.4 the only thing that matters is the length of the bare portion at the end. I have not had any range issues, but I do not drive far from easy sight.

I bought a savage with a spektrum radio and receiver and it looks like the wire was cut shorter. There is no bare wire at the end so I may try stripping it back to see if it helps the range any at all. Once I do it I'll post back to let you all know how it worked out.

I bought a savage with a spektrum radio and receiver and it looks like the wire was cut shorter. There is no bare wire at the end so I may try stripping it back to see if it helps the range any at all. Once I do it I'll post back to let you all know how it worked out.
I got my spektrum radio/reciever used also. No exposed wire either, it's an sr3000 I believe. I've looked at others for sale used on eBay that also have no stripped wire. I've thought of stripping mine back cause my range sucks, but my ant is so short already was kinda nervous. Very interested to see how it works for ya

Well I did look into it and I decided against it. I was just going to do the same as the video posted above. After I looked it over some I noticed the wire it's self is about a quarter the size of the wire in the video. I figured if I just went ahead and stripped the coating back that the wire would be so small and weak i would risk breaking it. The wire it's self is so small I fell like I could pull it in two effortlessly.

Well I did look into it and I decided against it. I was just going to do the same as the video posted above. After I looked it over some I noticed the wire it's self is a:anotheryear:bout a quarter the size of the wire in the video. I figured if I just went ahead and stripped the coating back that the wire would be so small and weak i would risk breaking it. The wire it's self is so small I fell like I could pull it in two effortlessly.
For what it's worth i have 3 spectrum systems all of them have a coil at the end of the receiver antenna about an inch and a half long

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back