Another way to transport\store\secure\work on your stuff at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

JoeGuam is the man, and this was an AWESOME idea - https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15348

Well, not to let something cool die, I took a trek out to Tractor Supply last week, and guess what I found on the shelf? Actually, I found 10 on the shelf... and they were $70 each - not bad actually!

Unfortunately, though, they were not big enough for what I needed for the WF, so I have to keep shopping. i was looking for a box big enough to hold a bunch of cars, as well as gear, and be bolted\attached\whatever to the bottom of my 4x8 utility trailer. I was looking for a way to be able to carry my stuff, have a usable work area, and be able to lock everything up fast so that I could go enjoy the event without having to worry about my stuff wandering off... but I didn't want to have to bring my trailer either. It's a 350 mile drive, and the trailer would suck a ton of gas (and I have a Jeep - it's thirsty enough on its own). As I was wandering around, I found the perfect solution:

-- and a box that is GINORMOUS! The box (inside dimensions) is 26x40 and is heavy duty plastic - no wheels or handles tho - for $120 with another box inside that is about 24x14 inside! So, I was able to mount the box onto the platform using some 5/4" decking and some security pins:

Holds two Savage XL's side by side, plus mt MGT and MT2 all nestled in all nice and tight PLUS my radio box, and a bunch of goodies... PERFECT combination for trackside! Using the pins through the expanded metal floor and using cotter pins on the inside, I can secure it to the platform easily and be able to remove it easily... Lock the top locks with padlocks, and that sucker is not going anywhere! The platform was also large enough for my smaller job box to go on the end, and once I extend the handle I have a nice, large work area that I can lock down and wander off from quickly.

The best thing about this is that it is easy and sturdy - and it means that I can bring whatever I need wherever I need to without the trailer, and I can keep the limited interior room of the Jeep clear (and clean LOL).

Hope this helps someone!

Bob

P.S. - its all fine and good to secure the box to the platform, but don't forget to use a locking pin to attach the platform to the truck - or someone could get the whole shooting match in one fell swoop :)

Bob

I forgot to give you props on your rig. Talk about creativity. I still need to get the swivel for my stand.

Latest posts

Members online

Back