another savage xl electric conversion....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh131286

fed up with nitro and have been having a lot more fun with electric and was about to sell the savage. Instead i thought i may aswell change this to electric too.

didnt fancy just buying a conversion kit and thought it would be more enjoyable to make something myself. spent a couple of day making some brackets to mount everything and come up with this so far but may change some of it. didnt fancy the batteries being on the outside of the chassis and was trying to hide it in the chassis. mocked up with an old motor and esc that is trashed and hopefully to be replaced with a castle 2200 and esc unless there are any other options?

the gearbox has also been converted to single speed, i am well aware that as this gearbox is locked i could destroy the diffs on heavy landings, without going to all the effort just yet of installing a centre diff (i did think of doing this to start with as i have a few spare centre diffs laying about) i believe i have found another way to prevent damage to the diffs. ill explain/show more on them when the bits arrive.

few pics of what i have so far...

Latest posts

Members online

Back