Another neat "tool" idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
I've got another neat tool (if you wanna call it a tool, more so a book). My mom works as a bookkeeper at a elem. school and she's always asking if I need any 3-ring binders (the snap kind). Well, I took one this time and borrowed her 3 hole punch and this is what I came up with. Pics will explain all.

102_0741.jpg

102_0742.jpg

102_0743.jpg

102_0744.jpg

102_0745.jpg

Hope this gave some other people some ideas. Makes it easy for any and all repairs and looking up parts. Plus, all my manuals are all together in one spot. No more searxhing to find them.

i took it farther i used plastic sheet protectors so when i have greasy hands whil tinkering on the truck or out in the field its all protected and stuff

This is one of the first things I thought of while waiting for my Sav to arrive...my local fields do not have wireless internet access...LOOOOL

ya I have been wanting to do this for a long time, still haven't done it, but I will do it like Dan mentioned and use the sheet protectors since my hands are always dirty!

Yeah I agree...the sheet protectors are the way to go...especially when your engine is spraying out oil like mine is.

I currently have all of my manuals together in a large ziploc bag. I think I'll try this. Great idea.

I currently have all of my manuals together in a large ziploc bag. I think I'll try this. Great idea.

Me too. Its not the best system but they are always together and don't take up a lot of space. I might just try that. But with my luck an important piece of info would end up on one of the little punched out pieces and I would be SOL. :duh:

Great idea.

I just throw all my R/C manuals and reciepts in a folder in my file cabinet...Not the best, I'll admit, but at least I haven't lost anything. :Xfingers:

I made sure to be as careful as possible when punching the holes to make sure I didn't hit as many part numbers. I hit a few but it's still pretty easy to figure out what it is. I also keep it in the lower half of my tool box so that way if I need it while out runnin I'll have it. I'm not worried about the pages getting dirty and if they do, I'll just download another manual from the HPI website and print it out.

I stocked up on many, many spares. A waste of money? Maybe, but I rarely will have to end a day due to a breakage. My manuals stay at home. And don't forget you can download and print the entire manual from HPI.

Some guys I run with have spare trucks for parts. Looks like a roller is in my future...

But not this one:
http://houston.craigslist.org/tag/601984951.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back