Anodizing or powdercoat ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powder coat i would say is more durbae to a point ano is just the urface of the alloy thats is etched away and colored

That's what I'm thinking , they powder coat motorcycle rims on occ , and I know military trucks are powder coated . I'm thinking powdercoating is the way to go

More durable for scratching .

I had some tvps powder coated.. They truned out pretty sweet, will post some pics up of them as soon as i remember how to do it.(need to remember how the IMG thing goes in front of the pic).. lol

0051.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
THey do look sweet !!!!
Who powdercoated them for you ?
How much did it cost ?
I'd like to get some parts done next month .

THey do look sweet !!!!
Who powdercoated them for you ?
How much did it cost ?
I'd like to get some parts done next month .

I had a race shop here in Ohio do them for me.. They charged me like 15 or 20 dollars to do them..

Powdercoat all the way! I did my senior project for school on powdercoating and did my Honda 400ex frame myself and am very impressed with powder-coat and it turns out awesome if done correctly.

i highly douubt powdercoating adds that much weight to make a diffrence, on the other hand anodizing acutally takes away material so if it was 4mm anodized it was orgianlly 5 give a take lol

Powdering coating in addition is better to prevent corrosion. All the Navy guys would tell you the same.

Members online

No members online now.
Back